Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

start time for buses in the city centre?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 11:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

does any body know when the buses start running in the morning in the city centre???
    need to get a bus home from work and im finished at 5 and ts my only way home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

dublinbus.ie has every timetable...i have a feeling most start around half 5.

there are plenty of 24hr mc donalds/centras and that where you can grab a cup of tea etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

der does be fcukin dopes in those mc donalds at those hours of the mornin

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Most of the morons have gone away or been kicked out by then, from 5 you start to get the early morning workers in. I grab a coffee now and then in McD when I'm on a 5 or 6 start and it is usually fairly quiet.

It depends on which bus route and which direction you are going in but most don't start until 6 or later.

ye it looks like 6 for me , im going from the ciy out to blanchardstown and it looks like it between 6 and half 6 :rolleyes:

cheers for gettin back to me people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

you migth be better of trying a net cafe while you wait for the bus, also why not have a look at the trians.

• Advertisement

i aint walkin down talbot street at night r anywhere near connoly , wuite dangerous on my own , my family live arround that area so i know what its like :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Depends on what bus,IIRC some start very early and others just early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

A V A wrote: »
    i aint walkin down talbot street at night r anywhere near connoly , wuite dangerous on my own , my family live arround that area so i know what its like :(

Yeah it's just unbelievable. Lucky you have family there or you would not have known what it was like, God only knows what would have happened to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

5am is morning, not night time. there's always people heading to work at that time

All the bad people are in bed by 3, don't worry

well i know what talbot street and around connolly is like , i aint going near the place:) even my unlces that live there told me not to walk around there on me own at night !!!:) and all the bad people stick around that area well past 3 , cause they're bums and drugy's:P

iv been checkin out the times and the 38 starts at like 10 past 6 and the 39 is like 20 past , im going out to blanchardstown from the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A V A wrote: »
    well i know what talbot street and around connolly is like , i aint going near the place:) even my unlces that live there told me not to walk around there on me own at night !!!:) and all the bad people stick around that area well past 3 , cause they're bums and drugy's:P

iv been checkin out the times and the 38 starts at like 10 past 6 and the 39 is like 20 past , im going out to blanchardstown from the city

Having walked home that way many times, i can safely say your family is talking ****e. between tesco/dunnes/spar/supervalu getting their deliveries at around half 5/6 the area is full of delivery trucks so that's probably the best time to walk down there.

not getting into but some people are fine or what ever but some will may not be so im just being safe than sorry man , my cousins have often had confrontation walkin down that part of town so im listen to my own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There are people out and about after 6am

Lots of deliveries to the shops. Sure you have two supermarkets along there, Tesco and Supervalu

The newspaper vans will be out even earlier
    Then you have staff heading to the IFSC, some work shifts to match international partners

Talbot St certainly won't be deserted and scary at that hour

man i was wrong there are loads of people out and about , seems safe enough

Advertisement