Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review: The Maldives

Options
  • 07-11-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYSL91BUdo
    Bad experience there this summer, Ive spoken to a few people who had similar complaints, I watched this video and it just reminded me of the attitude many of the people who work in responsible positions there have towards their guests. Its unnaceptable to promote the place as a holiday destination and its not just Vilu resort:(.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

A country where any other religion other than Islam is banned, I'd take my Tourist Euros elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Should we consider the official response?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA9FREkBlU4&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

VNP are you honestly suggesting that everyone avoid the maldives...the entire maldives, not just a particular hotel/resort/island...all because of one couples bad experience when they chose to have their vows renewed by members of the muslim community...obviously not their own religon which conflicts with a christian wedding...in a language they didn't understand?!

Get a grip, I'm sure the maldives has much more to offer than a couple of eejits recording something stupid on their phone:rolleyes:

you seem intent on running the place down.
    was one thread not enough for you?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056036856

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

VPN, what bad experience had you over there?

As this forum is for reviews we didnt get any travel report from you just the link of another incident there? Would be interested reading on your experience over there as this forum can be a useful resourse for people looking at going on holidays to places that are not reviewed often.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭VNP

Magentas I've got it off my chest now you re right, no more ranting, seeing that video just enraged me and i decided to get it off my chest again as no one else has, and it needs saying. The owners of these places pay big money for slick adverts and they'd be better off if they spent it on maintainance and vermin control. Tech2 I could ream off a list of moans as long as a clowns shoe, and i have done to the owners, but its not just quality of the place theres a bad attitude out there in my experience and ive been to a few places in indonesia and asia found nothing like it elsewhere, thats the thing that annoys me.
    I have spoken to a couple of guys that had a blast doing a surf trip on a liveaboard but they only came into contact with people on their boat, there is supposed to be great scuba diving there too so i dont mean to completely run the place down, loads to do and see out there.
    But its a big world with plenty of sandy islands with good surf and sea life, I d recomend going elsewhere, RANT over ha ha;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement