Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 woes

Options
  • 08-11-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same woes as me on O2...

Ported to O2 from Meteor at 10am Thursday morning. Since then I have not been able to do anything outgoing from the phone ie make calls, send texts, check emails etc.

Today - now 4 days later I'm still in the same position.

Everytime I ring Customer Support - they are very nice to me in fairness - but I keep getting told different stories. I'm told it will be 45 minutes - then the afternoon then another day until this issue is resolved. This has been ongoing.

To make matters worse - I changed to prepay on O2 - with free any network texts. I've now been told that dispite already topping up with €20 (and this credit not going onto the phone [this being part of the issue]) but I'll have to top up again and then wait for the free texts to kick in!?

Anyone else have these issues...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Macers wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same woes as me on O2...

Ported to O2 from Meteor at 10am Thursday morning. Since then I have not been able to do anything outgoing from the phone ie make calls, send texts, check emails etc.

Today - now 4 days later I'm still in the same position.

Everytime I ring Customer Support - they are very nice to me in fairness - but I keep getting told different stories. I'm told it will be 45 minutes - then the afternoon then another day until this issue is resolved. This has been ongoing.

To make matters worse - I changed to prepay on O2 - with free any network texts. I've now been told that dispite already topping up with €20 (and this credit not going onto the phone [this being part of the issue]) but I'll have to top up again and then wait for the free texts to kick in!?

Anyone else have these issues...?

Yeah ive seen ports go awry occasionally, and more often than not its awkward getting it sorted, but go to a shop, and get them to look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Yeah ive seen ports go awry occasionally, and more often than not its awkward getting it sorted, but go to a shop, and get them to look into it

That was the first thing I done...it can only be resolved by there IT department seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Macers wrote: »
    That was the first thing I done...it can only be resolved by there IT department seemingly

Hmm ok, give them time, but at the same time keep hounding them for updates. longest ive ever seen a port to take was 10 days

Advertisement