Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greystones photo book. Submit your ideas here.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Me too.

Any other parameters than what was said above? Can the photo be 5 or 8 years old? Or only from 2010? Landscapes only? People OK?

The photo may be of whatever you wish, a person, a view, a building. Something that will be of interest to someone who will look at it in the future.
    It may be taken at any time, what the printer requires is a high resolution .jpg file. For those who wish to submit a photo from a film camera then a scan of the photo will be necessary to convert to a digital file.
    Really its up to the person who submits the photo to decide what the content should be. Hopefully people will participate, this is for the ocassional and expert snappers alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Count me in John

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

In the 90's there was a series of books called '' A Day in the Life'' including one on Ireland. Yhey were great. This is similar except mor local. Great idea. Set a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tcscott

Hi,

I'm a local photographer and would be interested if you get the numbers you require, just let me know if it goes ahead and I'll submit.

Many thanks

Tom
    www.scottvision.ie
    www.tomscott.ie

With all the lovely snow I hope everyone is out taking snaps to submit for the photobook. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fishkyjim

not for me

fishkyjim wrote: »
    not for me

Thats OK

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    If 100 local people submitted a digital image (photograph) which was taken by them and a photobook of approximately 50 pages was made. Then the book was presented to the Greystones Library where it could be viewed for generations to come. All photos to be taken in the county of Wicklow and may be of whatever subject which is decent and within the law. A subscription of 2 or 3 euro each to cover expenses.
    I would love to see anyone with a camera submit a photo. First 100 photos would go into book. 1 photo per person.
    Thoughts ?
    5156404516_e6c63939e2_z.jpg
    PHOTOBOOK%20%20c by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

Lets keep this in mind please (just to keep it on the front page here)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Whats the next step? Have you a date in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

wrote:
    ;69370103]Lets keep this in mind please (just to keep it on the front page here)

I will sticky it for a couple of weeks John.

Maybe change the thread title now that the idea has taken off.

• Advertisement

High resolution photos could be emailed to me, I would organise and order photobook. But all I would ask is that all photos be submitted by 1st March 2011. If anyone has suggestions lets have them here.
    We would need a hundred people to commit first before any photos are sent.
    Whats the next step? Have you a date in mind?

PM me for my email

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

Hi John,

Just seen this now. I would be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aaa111

i think that's great idea!u can count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

I'd like to submit photo

If 100 local people submitted a digital image (photograph) which was taken by them and a photobook of approximately 50 pages was made. Then the book was presented to the Greystones Library where it could be viewed for generations to come. All photos to be taken in the county of Wicklow and may be of whatever subject which is decent and within the law. A subscription of 2 or 3 euro each to cover expenses.
    I would love to see anyone with a camera submit a photo. First 100 photos would go into book. 1 photo per person.
    Thoughts ?
    5156404516_e6c63939e2_z.jpg
    PHOTOBOOK%20%20c by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    OK everyone who wishes to submit a photo for this project, please PM me for my email address so as you can email your high resolution file to me.
    Pass on the word please, we need a hundred photos.

Anyone got a photo to submit for the Photobook ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aaa111

how many photos do u have so far John?

aaa111 wrote: »
    how many photos do u have so far John?

I don't have enough yet, I have promises of approx 20 and some have already submitted 10 photos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

How are we doing on this?

Does it still need to be stickied?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Pm sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭woodsy2

Email with picture sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I'll forward my pic(s) this evening. Just wondering do you have any guidelines from the printer as to sizes, resolution requirements?

dave66 wrote: »
    I'll forward my pic(s) this evening. Just wondering do you have any guidelines from the printer as to sizes, resolution requirements?

High res JPGs

Advertisement