Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Wish me luck getting sufjan tickets at 9. Cant wait.

Woke up at 9.03 and i jumped out of bed. Nearly sent the tickets to Northern Ireland in my exhausted haste! Delighted i managed to get a couple of standing tickets. Now if only May wasn't so far away!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The fecker isn't coming anywhere near here. I'm tempted to go to Eindhoven.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

The fecker isn't coming anywhere near here. I'm tempted to go to Eindhoven.

I've got tickets for the Tuesday but I'm really tempted to go to Manchester too, flights are only about 50 euro and the tickets about 25. What a week that'd be

Tuesday: Sufjan
    Wednesday: Europa League final
    Thursday: Sufjan (trip to Liverpool to celebrate winning the cup too:p)
    Friday: Pete Doherty

Sex wee!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I got tickets to the Manics/Joy Formidable today - it's on the night after Warpaint so really handy.

I got 2 tickets to QOTSA for friends but I'm not heading to it. I think they were great and became a bit mediocre once it became the Josh Homme band. I reckon a lot of people for this show are going for bragging rights. Most of them probably think Rated R is their first record.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ah QOTSA Slane 2003, my mam brought me as I was 13 :D Still have the t-shirt somewhere. I wore it on a non-uniform day to school, along with my best mate and her "Hey Satan You Rock" Therapy? t-shirt. We thought we were the business!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Anyone else listening to the Mountain Goats new album on NPR?

I've just gotten to High Hawk Season- I love it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SVG wrote: »
    Anyone else listening to the Mountain Goats new album on NPR?

I've just gotten to High Hawk Season- I love it!

I heart this album with an unusual intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

So, who isn't going to the Mountain Goats? :D

I read earlier that WHY? are due to record a new album in May, looking forward to it's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

smokedeels wrote: »
    I read earlier that WHY? are due to record a new album in May, looking forward to it's release.

Yoni's doing demos now, he put a up a video diary thing on facebook of it, he's gonna make more too. There's a preview of the lyrics too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

smokedeels wrote: »
    So, who isn't going to the Mountain Goats? :D

Subhuman morons......and none of my friends ;_;

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jim wrote: »

It's the first time (barring once on holidays) that I've only got one confirmed ticket for a gig. Still trying to persuade a friend or two to get on it!

It's the first time (barring once on holidays) that I've only got one confirmed ticket for a gig. Still trying to persuade a friend or two to get on it!
    I bought two tickets on the silly notion that I might be able to convince someone to go.

I bought two tickets on the silly notion that I might be able to convince someone to go.

I usually do too. Being the only major 'alt/indie' fan amongst my friends, I can usually persuade people to go when there's a spare ticket knocking around a day or two beforehand. But didn't have enough money for two this time, but **** it wasn't missing out on the Goats.

Edit: Unrelatedly, delighted to see Sleater-Kinney listed as one of the five best female rock groups in the Ticket today. Bumping into Corin Tucker walking around Shibuya remains one of my favourite memories of the last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

That'd be me then...

GopErthike wrote: »
    That'd be me then...
    WELCOME TO MY FRIENDS CLUB!

Bout 4 bands i'd go see on that ox line up. Krud of the highest order.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Bout 4 bands i'd go see on that ox line up. Krud of the highest order.

7 i'd like to see! Its an awful line up.

Is it just me or is Oxegen usually a little more indie orientated? This is by far the poorest initial line up they've had since i can remember.

BUT that could mean the pic o nic have gotten all the best bands! We'll find out on Thursday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I will not be going to any gigs in May. This makes me want to kill things.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Kid V wrote: »
    7 i'd like to see! Its an awful line up.

Is it just me or is Oxegen usually a little more indie orientated? This is by far the poorest initial line up they've had since i can remember.

BUT that could mean the pic o nic have gotten all the best bands! We'll find out on Thursday :D

I got to about 10 or so I wouldn't mind seeing - I think it's better than last year but still not great (Black Eyed Peas AGAIN?!). Usually some of the better lesser-known bands are announced nearer to the date, but the only thing is, when you seem to have a full programme of bands to see, they put them on all at the same time:mad:

Picnic is usually much better, always a few curve-balls you're not expecting to be playing there.

• Advertisement

Picnic Line Up Is amazing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Usually, I prefer Oxegen's lineup on paper (and only so), but EP looks like a clear winner this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Holy f^&£in sh!t thats awesome!

Flying Lotus, PJ Harvey, Pulp, DJ Shadow

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I dislike Beirut, his is a voice of cuntliness. Trentemoller however, interests me greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Electric Picnic needs more Menomena.

Arcade Fire and Beirut WIN the battle of the line-ups, but other than them there's not a lot I'm interested in. I'd say EP is most certainly the choice this year though.

Weezer at Oxegen though - as much as I despise their output recently (and truly despise), I'd love to see them doing a classic gig in Ireland like they did in the States. Their last Dublin gig was excellent when they ignored everything post-Pinkerton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Hello Alt/Indie people:)

Weezer at Oxegen though - as much as I despise their output recently (and truly despise), I'd love to see them doing a classic gig in Ireland like they did in the States. Their last Dublin gig was excellent when they ignored everything post-Pinkerton.

So they basically only covered 2 albums. Given they have 8 albums and people still only want them to play from the first 2 would be humiliating for any band - they've had their moments since granted but they have been awful in later years.

• Advertisement

StereoLove wrote: »
    Hello Alt/Indie people:)

Greetings and bring your stereo love for one and all..

Advertisement