Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So they basically only covered 2 albums. Given they have 8 albums and people still only want them to play from the first 2 would be humiliating for any band - they've had their moments since granted but they have been awful in later years.

No they played new stuff too - would have been Make Believe they were touring with at the time so would have only been five albums they were dealing with. And some of the Green Album stuff is good fun, haven't heard Maladroit but believe it's OK. But close to everything after that (I still like Pork & Beans as a single) :(. Was great to hear some of their old classics at the gig, really made a fantastic concert, and Rivers and co. seemed to be giving it socks so to speak.

As said, they just did a classic tour in the States so just saying it would be nice to see them bringing it over here. I still am a big fan of early Weezer and would love to see them live again - but the songs they're playing now are far from the ones I love. A bit humiliating for the band perhaps, but as a fan I'd love to see a Pinkerton and Blue tour, especially since they have recently being doing such a thing. And if they were still making good music - as many of my favourite bands are - then alas it wouldn't even be a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

As much as I enjoyed Electric Picnic last year (some performances from the likes of The Frames rank up there with the best I've ever seen), I did always maintain a slight amount of regret for choosing it over Oxegen and feared that the Picnic was a festival in decline, a festival that was unable to match the monetary muscle of MCD. This year that won't be the case at all! Electric Picnic seems to have been made for me and I have no doubt that it will continue to deliver as additions to the line up is announced. In fact, I'm pretty relieved that I won't have to endure scenes reminiscent of Kristallnacht in the Oxegen campsites!

Strangely, I can't wait for the Summer TO BE OVER :O

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

AdMMM wrote: »

Strangely, I can't wait for the Summer TO BE OVER :O

Me too, cos i hopefully will be somewhere miles away!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

What time does Whelan's start charging in on a Saturday? I have a feeling it's 10, but want to make sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Twee. wrote: »
    What time does Whelan's start charging in on a Saturday? I have a feeling it's 10, but want to make sure!

It's ten alright.

Cheers! Heading out early tonight so :pac:

Ah all the EP talk makes me sad that I'll miss it this year! I'll be coming home from my J1 on the Sunday of it. Will have to take in some gigs while I'm away to make up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Twee. wrote: »
    Cheers! Heading out early tonight so :pac:

Ah all the EP talk makes me sad that I'll miss it this year! I'll be coming home from my J1 on the Sunday of it. Will have to take in some gigs while I'm away to make up for it!
    read somewhere the other day that they'll be doing Sunday tickets. Sounds perfect!:D

dan185 wrote: »
    read somewhere the other day that they'll be doing Sunday tickets. Sounds perfect!:D

Oh dear don't tell me that :p I must check my flight times!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I've talked to a few people on Sundays the last couple of years who've sneaked in(that's never right? snook? snooked?).

Of course I 100% do not condone such acts of devilment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TwoCanDan

Christ!...I thought I was seeing things for a second...I'm alternating between outrage and the desire to purchase one...

Thanks for posting...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Nothing livens up your living room quite like the delicate, unmistakable fragrance of fresh uh, potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

lordgoat wrote: »
    Me too, cos i hopefully will be somewhere miles away!
    I'll be moving up to Dublin in May hopefully, so perhaps wanting the Summer to be over so fast is a bit of a premature statement :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Squeeze sold out :(

Why did I wait? WHHYYY

Bill Callahan's coming to town.

Nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Bill Callahan's coming to town.

Nice. :)

Who is he?

Who is he?

You serious?

Smog is another name for him.

Who is he?

Welcome my friend to the world of Smog/(Smog)/Bill Callahan......

He is without a doubt my favourite solo artist of all time. If the songs above whet your appetite at all I would suggest you start with his Knock Knock album.

From there go with Dongs of Sevotion, A River Ain't Too Much to Love, Red Apple Falls & Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle.

What The Dude said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yes I was serious and wow cheers for the suggestions will give them a go and get back to ye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mr.Whippie

Did anybody here see surfer blood? and if so..any good? Really like what i've heard of them also beach fossils are doing it for me too at the moment...its all nostalgic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBoFiNSRJI

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Mr.Whippie wrote: »
    Did anybody here see surfer blood? and if so..any good? Really like what i've heard of them also beach fossils are doing it for me too at the moment...its all nostalgic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBoFiNSRJI

Ye i've seen them twice in the last while; once supporting Interpol and then a second time in the academy for just a tenner. They're very tight and just great fun. Nice surf rock guitars and cool shouty vocals.

Been meaning o check out Beach Fossils or was that Dirty Beaches....? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Kid V wrote: »
    Ye i've seen them twice in the last while; once supporting Interpol and then a second time in the academy for just a tenner. They're very tight and just great fun. Nice surf rock guitars and cool shouty vocals.

Been meaning o check out Beach Fossils or was that Dirty Beaches....? confused.gif

Have you listened to Real Estate? I'm enjoying their S/T album now, goes well with the weather today.

linkage

Any of ye punks going to primavera?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Half the bleedin country seems to be going but alas I'm not one of 'em.

Half the bleedin country seems to be going but alas I'm not one of 'em.

There's still time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

smokedeels wrote: »
    Have you listened to Real Estate? I'm enjoying their S/T album now, goes well with the weather today.

linkage

Ye I like the album, got it ages ago, only listened to it recently

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Was half thinking about going this year as a load of my mates went last year, but they're all going to Pukelpop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm headed to Primavera. EP has many of the line up but I look forward to both in equal measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

smokedeels wrote: »

linkage

Yup. I like them. I've been listening to a lot of lovely sunny music lately.
    You need an ice cream in your hand to listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMGACqsg5A

Anyone going to Deerhunter tonight?? Just about got a ticket.

Advertisement