Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

anyone reckon there's any chance of getting a James Blake ticket outside Whelans on Tuesday?

I fcuking despise touts but I'd probably be tempted for this:(

dan185 wrote: »
    anyone reckon there's any chance of getting a James Blake ticket outside Whelans on Tuesday?

I fcuking despise touts but I'd probably be tempted for this:(

try toutless and if you live close by i'd walk up, there will always be one or two fans selling.

Don't buy from a tout though, james blake will be back again within 12 months...

asked on toutless but there's loads looking and nobody selling.

I'll just head in anyway, got tomorrow off work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

dan185 wrote: »
    asked on toutless but there's loads looking and nobody selling.

I'll just head in anyway, got tomorrow off work.
    There's always tons more people selling on the day of the gig rather than the days beforehand. (Toutless I mean, not outside the venue :pac:)

• Advertisement

About 10 went back on sale 20 minutes ago so I got 2:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Is Trout Records closing down, they had a crazy sale on at the weekend, 5 cds for €25, some good stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

lordgoat wrote: »

Can't fully check link in work ... but am I hallucinating or is that Jedward with Vincent Browne ?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Can't fully check link in work ... but am I hallucinating or is that Jedward with Vincent Browne ?

That's a terrifying prospect...I will keep an eye out for any flying pigs:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Greetings and bring your stereo love for one and all..
    *hands out stereo love..* :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Will anybody be joining me in saying goodbye to LCD Soundsystem via the last show livestream tonight?

I feel a little bit heartbroken already.

Yep count me in.

Twitter?

I think so. Oh, the pain.

EDIT:

www.twitter.com/jennydecimal, just in case you want to join me in my despondency.

where do I watch it? I'm on pitchforks site and it's a pain in the gee to navigate to the show, there's a poster says EST start time of 9pm but google says it's 23.46 now and I can't find a link

Yes, I'm very drunk!

You've got a couple of hours yet, it's only 8pm NYC time...

hahaha nice one. Seems google was giving me the time for Est, in Burkina Faso. Which is completely useless to my needs.

It's on at 9 New York time though isn't it? I can wait an hour. 2's pushing it

I feel like I'm waiting for a lift to a wake. :(

Stream is on pitchfork at 2am our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

I feel like I'm waiting for a lift to a wake. :(

ahh dont say that,they'll still make music,I hope

Edit:links streaming could be a while yet tho

milehip1 wrote: »
    ahh dont say that,they'll still make music,I hope

Not as LCD they won't or at least not until he changes his mind.

• Advertisement

Not as LCD they won't or at least not until he changes his mind.

yep, i guessed the former and am hoping for the latter,
    amazing show last night,
    talk of it being released on dvd directed by spike jonze.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Ahhh missed that last show!!! Hopefully it will be on DVD, J. Murphy is the dogs - hopefully he will return, at least in some form.

For any of you who weren't nerd/hardcore enough to lame it out all the way, this most excellent fellow has Youtubed all 3 hours and 40 minutes of it. Don't know how long it will last though.

Special guest North Americans wander in around 2 hours and 3 minutes in.

Wait a sec.. What happened with LCD Soundsystem? :eek:

StereoLove wrote: »

ok have a seat and take a big breath,you know how your puppy ran away to a farm when you were little, well it's kinda like that,cept much much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Murph realised the name they chose for the band, was a contradiction in terms.
    He just couldn't carry on.

milehip1 wrote: »
    ok have a seat and take a big breath,you know how your puppy ran away to a farm when you were little, well it's kinda like that,cept much much worse.
    GopErthike wrote: »
    Murph realised the name they chose for the band, was a contradiction in terms.
    He just couldn't carry on.

He left? :eek::eek:

He left? :eek::eek:

LCD have called it a day J Murph says that's all she wrote so he's not making any more music as LCD or touring as LCD indefinitely. He has said it may change in the future but that's how it is now...

You want to sit down, because we know it's heartbreaking.

James Murphy, frustrated that the band was intruding on his personal life and on his ambitions as a producer, has retired LCD Soundsystem. Wanting to go out on a high note, they played one last phenomenal show at Madison Square Garden, which was webcast live late last night and is linked above. Colin Stetson, Reggie Watts, Al Doyle of Hot Chip, Kelly Pratt of Beirut, and Win, Régine, Will and Jeremy of Arcade Fire all chipped in.

I'm really sorry you had to find out this way. It was hard for us all. Crack open a can and make time for the whole show. It's sad and awesome.

Like the last episode of Dinosaurs! where it started snowing, people will assure you it will come back, but you know better in your heart of hearts.

• Advertisement

You want to sit down, because we know it's heartbreaking.

James Murphy, frustrated that the band was intruding on his personal life and on his ambitions as a producer, has retired LCD Soundsystem. Wanting to go out on a high note, they played one last phenomenal show at Madison Square Garden, which was webcast live late last night and is linked above. Colin Stetson, Reggie Watts, Al Doyle of Hot Chip, Kelly Pratt of Beirut, and Win, Régine, Will and Jeremy of Arcade Fire all chipped in.

I'm really sorry you had to find out this way. It was hard for us all. Crack open a can and make time for the whole show. It's sad and awesome.

Like the last episode of Dinosaurs! where it started snowing, people will assure you it will come back, but you know better in your heart of hearts.
    LCD have called it a day J Murph says that's all she wrote so he's not making any more music as LCD or touring as LCD indefinitely. He has said it may change in the future but that's how it is now...
    :(:(:(

Advertisement