Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Tempted to head up for Apparat on Friday, despite being broke as f*ck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

AdMMM wrote: »
    Laura Marling has rescheduled for the 23rd June. I was disappointed with her performance at EP but I put that down to poor acoustics in the tent and a very loud crowd. Vicar St should be the perfect venue for her.

I was at her gig in the Academy last year, excellent show altogether. Didn't know she was playing here again, definitely considering picking up a ticket now!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Paul Simon tickets are 80 quid! haha!

Really wanted to go to the unthanks in Newbridge tonight, got off work early too but it sold out at some stage this afternoon.

Hope it's good Mr Goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kold wrote: »
    Tempted to head up for Apparat on Friday, despite being broke as f*ck.

where's Apparat playing on friday? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Anyone know the name of the band that David Holmes is producing. I heard them on Today FM this evening, sound rather good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

where's Apparat playing on friday? :confused:

Button Factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kold wrote: »
    Button Factory.

cheers, finally found it on his Facebook.
    nothing on his site, his myspace, or the button factory site as far as i can see. no-one i asked knew anything about it either...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

AdMMM wrote: »
    Laura Marling has rescheduled for the 23rd June. I was disappointed with her performance at EP but I put that down to poor acoustics in the tent and a very loud crowd. Vicar St should be the perfect venue for her.

Kind of annoyed because I was all geared up to see her in November/December (whenever it was!) and now I can't go coz I'll be away. Dammit! I seen her at EP too and she didn't really get into it because of sound/tuning problems, and this was her chance to redeem herself. Oh well...Also probably going to miss the whole Record Day festivities tomorrow, I'm not feeling the mae west today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I was watching Talking Heads 'Stop Making Sense' last night on my new tv via the new blu ray player. God it looked like I was streaming from youtube, I must invest in the Blu Ray edition.

A friend who arrived in was moaning about David Byrne saying he thought he was a bit OTT. Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

A friend who arrived in was moaning about David Byrne saying he thought he was a bit OTT. Idiot.

Do you need help disposing of the body?

Stop Making Sense is the greatest concert film ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I once heard somebody very earnestly say that they couldn't understand the fuss about the Once In A Lifetime video, "the guy's dancing is terrible".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

I was watching Talking Heads 'Stop Making Sense' last night on my new tv via the new blu ray player. God it looked like I was streaming from youtube, I must invest in the Blu Ray edition.

David Byrne is a geninus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Do you need help disposing of the body?

Stop Making Sense is the greatest concert film ever made.

Absolutely love it but it flip flops with the The Last Waltz for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Splainc wrote: »
    Absolutely love it but it flip flops with the The Last Waltz for me...

Don't know the Talking Heads movie but the Last Waltz truly rocks ass

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Don't know the Talking Heads movie but the Last Waltz truly rocks ass

Definitely get it. Brilliant movie. Helps if you like Talking Heads of coures ;)

It's a great to watch it with someone who doesn't know what's going on. One lad was visiting and he asked why you could see all the backstage and nothing set up to make it look like a show. You don't see that type of ingenious set up and progression for a concert much and doubt I'll ever see any show as innovative.

Hope I'm wrong. But then again, if someone creates such an innovative show there's no secrecy anymore and everything is spoiled on the internet so you'll always know what to expect.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Looking forward to the new Bon Iver immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

lordgoat wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new Bon Iver immensely.

As am I. Hear his cover of Peter Gabriel's 'Come Talk To Me' that surfaced on Record Store Day?

Anyone else really looking forward to the new Wild Beasts album? 'Albatross' is glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Fleet Foxes were majestic on Jools last night.

I hear the new album will be the best this year too:p

Meant to say the other day - Anyone looking forward to the Whipping Boy tour should note that it's only Fearghal and the drummer touring. Not cool especially given they all toured a few years ago.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Less than a month 'til the Mountain Goats.

Oh the excitement!

Less than a month 'til the Mountain Goats.

Oh the eggcitement!

Fixed your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

That reminds me, I've got my g/f hooked on egg-in-a-nest. Any advice on how to wean her off? A weekly dose of cholesterol soaked bread can't be good for a persons health, I feel guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TwoCanDan

smokedeels wrote: »
    That reminds me, I've got my g/f hooked on egg-in-a-nest. Any advice on how to wean her off? A weekly dose of cholesterol soaked bread can't be good for a persons health, I feel guilty.
    Twenty Players...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Modest Mouse are in the studio working on a new album with Outkast's Big Boi. Seems a lot of people are up in arms about that but I don't mind a bit of Outkast, it should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

You tell those doubters to go listen to Ms. Jackson again, properly, and cop themselves on.

Very interested to see where that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Modest Mouse are in the studio working on a new album with Outkast's Big Boi. Seems a lot of people are up in arms about that but I don't mind a bit of Outkast, it should be interesting.

The comments on their facebook thingy announcing it were hilarious. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't someone considered to be ahead of his game musically (I'm not sure if he's considered ahead of his game still, definitely was around the time of Speakerboxxx).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TwoCanDan

The comments on their facebook thingy announcing it were hilarious. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't someone considered to be ahead of his game musically (I'm not sure if he's considered ahead of his game still, definitely was around the time of Speakerboxxx).
    His album from last year, Sir Lucious Left Foot, is effing great too...definitely check it out if you liked Speakerboxxx...I can't get my head around what the collaboration with Modest Mouse will sound like...
    Anyone else listen to the Black Keys' hip hop album from a couple of years ago? I wasn't a big fan. Hope this will be better...

Advertisement