Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

TwoCanDan wrote: »
    His album from last year, Sir Lucious Left Foot, is effing great too...definitely check it out if you liked Speakerboxxx...I can't get my head around what the collaboration with Modest Mouse will sound like...
    Anyone else listen to the Black Keys' hip hop album from a couple of years ago? I wasn't a big fan. Hope this will be better...
    Blackrock was it?
    They did this a while ago.
    http://www.spin.com/articles/download-black-keys-big-boi-mashup

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TwoCanDan

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    Blackrock was it?
    They did this a while ago.
    http://www.spin.com/articles/download-black-keys-big-boi-mashup
    That's the one alright...
    Thanks for the link...like it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Mike Watt, Eddie Vedder, Pat Smear and Dave Grohl all doing The Stooges' Fun House. Class.

Watt's pretty heroic, he's recently played 40+ consecutive gigs despite having a fecked up knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Watt's pretty heroic, he's recently played 40+ consecutive gigs despite having a fecked up knee.

Watt's a legend.

His radio show is class too.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Less than a month 'til the Mountain Goats.

Oh the excitement!

Got my ticket yesterday, very excited. Anyone know where in Dublin to get the new album? It's not in Tower or HMV. Can't download/stream it (unfortunate toddler, tea and laptop incident) and heading away this Sunday, back the day of the gig. But would like to listen a bit before I go. Thanks

• Advertisement

Is everyone on the Alt/Indie forum going to this gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

smokedeels wrote: »
    Is everyone on the Alt/Indie forum going to this gig?

No!

Let bring the topic back to the two sufjan gigs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If anyone uses the Last.fm Free Music player extension for Chrome (link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh ) and want to find yourself a great use for it, head over to the library of the NMERadio account ( http://www.last.fm/user/nmeradiolive/charts?rangetype=overall&subtype=tracks ) and you can sort their most played songs since they started using Last.fm - all 345,000 of them - by popularity through the last year, 6 months, 3 months, week or since they started scrobbling all the songs they've been playing on their radio station.

A lot of the songs in the more recent lists belong to over-hyped and decidedly mediocre bands but the cream always rises to the top and the list of songs in the Overall section are pretty great. To play the playlist, simply click on the blue play image and it will add all songs on that page to your playlist :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

GUYS, YOU GUYS! SHOWGIRLS IS ON FILMFOUR+1 RIGHT NOW!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

GUYS, YOU GUYS! SHOWGIRLS IS ON FILMFOUR+1 RIGHT NOW!!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Guided by Voices (tribute) followed by Bill Callahan tonight.

Deadly.

Anyone use it for sharing music/playlists? (i.e sharing videos, seeing what other people favorite)

My mate's got me into the idea but I need more "friends"

http://www.youtube.com/user/smokedeels

If anyone uses it.

You guys. I had a dream the other day, where I bought a van, and went on a load of adventures and it was awesome.

Please talk me out of buying a van. I don't need a van.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You guys. I had a dream the other day, where I bought a van, and went on a load of adventures and it was awesome.

Please talk me out of buying a van. I don't need a van.

Did i read you bought a van? Awesome, imagine how much fun you can have in a van? Selling carpet, cheap gates...etc

Also i'm outta here for a while, be nice to The Dude, don't harsh his buzz.

I haven't bought it yet, but it's been a few days since the awesome van dream, and the van wanting hasn't gone away. So maybe I actually really want a van after all, not just in my dream. I'll go from theme park to theme park, foiling schemes! It'll be great.

I'll have to find somebody to paint unicorns on the side though.

Enjoy your time away, LG.

I haven't bought it yet, but it's been a few days since the awesome van dream, and the van wanting hasn't gone away. So maybe I actually really want a van after all, not just in my dream. I'll go from theme park to theme park, foiling schemes! It'll be great.

I'll have to find somebody to paint unicorns on the side though.

Enjoy your time away, LG.

stencil them, it's easier! I have one knocking around for when you acquire the van.

I can't wait. Keep an eye on twit. I'm renting a great red shark and driving across a country on sunday...

Jill,

Are you interviewing for a crew, or are you adventuring solo in your van?

Lorgoat,

Enjoy, hopefully it's 19 and 4 when you get back.

Sufjan Stevens on Wednesday.
    Mountain Goats on Sunday.
    Emeralds on Tuesday.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

This is gonna be bitchin'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

New Bon Iver album is fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

How awesome was Sufjan last night?! I really wasn't expecting that, and not a banjo in sight! It was like war of the worlds in neon...meets a kiddies party. Anyhew, I had tons of fun despite the fact I'd only listened to his latest album for the first time on Monday - and what a lovely guy:)

I hear Bon Iver is playing in October - gotta dispatch the ticket fairy to get me into the Grand Canal Theatre!

so what'd i miss?

Also germany is wonderful. Filled with wonderful beautiful people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Great video. Well, live performance. Whatever.

Edit: If you could use the old new music thread for vid's that'd be great. Kinda keeps them all in the one place. thanks - lg

New Bon Iver album is on spin 3 and ya it's pretty ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Can't wait to hear it! Heard 'Calgary' on the radio the other night, it bodes well:) Plus I found out this evening I have a ticket for the gig in October (woo!)

Less than a month 'til the Mountain Goats.

Oh the excitement!

So close i'm almost there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Panic inducing missing Mountain Goats tickets :/

Jim wrote: »
    Panic inducing missing Mountain Goats tickets :/

I've done the same thing before. Was fully convinced that I'd bought them but no sight or sound of a confirmation email anywhere. I think I even emailed tickets.ie and had them check for me too.

Getting old....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭The_Illuminator

Heard the new Bon Iver album and immediately decided to get tickets for the show in October. He's apparently bringing a 9-piece band, which makes sense after hearing the album.

I saw them at the Galway Arts Festival in 09 and they made a hell of a lot of noise for 3 guys. Can't wait for October.

• Advertisement

Heard the new Bon Iver album and immediately decided to get tickets for the show in October. He's apparently bringing a 9-piece band, which makes sense after hearing the album.

I saw them at the Galway Arts Festival in 09 and they made a hell of a lot of noise for 3 guys. Can't wait for October.

Hope you have your tickets as it's sold out..

Advertisement