Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I've done the same thing before. Was fully convinced that I'd bought them but no sight or sound of a confirmation email anywhere. I think I even emailed tickets.ie and had them check for me too.

Getting old....
    I can't afford new tickets but I think I'll go to Whelans tonight just to check if I actually did buy them or not :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Loving the Bon Iver all bar the last track, which sounds like the world's worst karaoke jukebox version of something better. Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Nice shirt Jim.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If anyone is going to Emeralds tomorrow and wanted to do a good turn for a very nice person and bring them to it for nothing other than doing a good turn for someone let me know. (it's not me by the way)

Loving the Bon Iver all bar the last track, which sounds like the world's worst karaoke jukebox version of something better. Jesus wept.

I kinda love the Phil Collins vibe off it, amazed that an AF fan like you doesn't like it tbh (hehe see what i did there)

• Advertisement

I can't stand City With No Children either, in my defence. Stay buried, Michael Bolton, stay buried.

In other horrible music news, I am currently in earshot of both Jedward and Westlife, and as such, reconsidering the possibility that we're enduring the days of Tribulation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I can't stand City With No Children either, in my defence. Stay buried, Michael Bolton, stay buried.

In other horrible music news, I am currently in earshot of both Jedward and Westlife, and as such, reconsidering the possibility that we're enduring the days of Tribulation.

"Sorry guys, we got it wrong. Rapture wasn't Saturday, its Monday instead (we forgot to carry the one). Large haired fools will replace the horsemen"

Nice shirt Jim.
    :D....:eek:

Jim wrote: »
    :D....:eek:

It was a trendy shirt in all fairness! You got a fairly decent spot in the end, even snaked in front of j-ultimate!

lordgoat wrote: »
    It was a trendy shirt in all fairness! You got a fairly decent spot in the end, even snaked in front of j-ultimate!
    Yea, spotted a mate of mine near the front just after the support so sneaked a spot beside him. Then over the course of the gig people left / went to the bar / went smoking etc so managed to get right at the front in the end. Weeeeeeee.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Actually, a really large gap formed in the crowd near the end of the gig. Was wondering where everyone went!

I shall see ye in Spain or next week. Be good to Jeffrey

Via Pitchfork.

Watch Bon Iver cover Bonnie Raitt and Donny Hathaway/Leon Russell on "Fallon". Plus: Justin Vernon chats w/ Fallon http://p4k.in/jMIB8b

The new Bon Iver is wonderful, even the last track Jill! (Which he comments on in the interview)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I just got a ticket for The Meat Puppets tomorrow, looking forward to it.

The Tallest Man on Earth is the following day, so it's shaping up to be a great week followed by Forbidden Fruit this weekend.

Did anyone go to primavera? I couldn't make it this year.

The new Bon Iver is wonderful, even the last track Jill! (Which he comments on in the interview)

Your Recently Played tracks betray you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TwoCanDan

smokedeels wrote: »
    I just got a ticket for The Meat Puppets tomorrow, looking forward to it.

The Tallest Man on Earth is the following day, so it's shaping up to be a great week followed by Forbidden Fruit this weekend.

Did anyone go to primavera? I couldn't make it this year.
    Yeah, was at PS...excellent as usual, bar (a)not getting into the Auditori to see Sufjan Stevens, (b)crap system of buying booze, (c)a couple of instances of overindulgence...
    Saw TMOE, but he's better indoors than outside in the bright sunshine... He had a band for a few of the new songs too...
    Enjoy Forbidden Fruit...

Leagues bringing Mangum to town in November, tickets on sale Friday, 20E.

Whelans.

Wuhoo! Tom Selleck in Whelan's!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TwoCanDan

Leagues bringing Mangum to town in November, tickets on sale Friday, 20E.

Whelans.
    Would just like to say thanks for the heads up about this lordgoat...would have missed getting tickets only for you...Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Anyone at the Tallest Man gig earlier in the week?

• Advertisement

Great idea here:

@UnaMullally arts job-seeking folk should have a look at my site www.artsmanagement.ie -- listings updated weekly #jobsfairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 toxicgasmask

Is Tremors with Kevin Bacon possibly the greatest movie ever? Discuss.

No, Harold and Kumar get the munchies is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

KeanSeenan wrote: »

Land Lovers, S-head, GPO, Yeh Deadlies and Losers! We should all try and buy this one, great songs by some great new(ish) bands...

Just won tickets to see Antlers in November.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Is that gig in Dublin?

Phantom? Again?

smokedeels wrote: »
    Is that gig in Dublin?

Yup. Academy, Nov 17th.
    Phantom? Again?

Today FM. Won tickets for a play off Phantom this weekend though.

The Kiosk is so easy to win play tickets from on a Saturday morning.

ATP I'll Be Your Mirror mixtape curated by Portishead: http://illbeyourmirror.com/mixtape/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Wasn't impressed at all with The Antlers at Electric Picnic but I do really like this new album so might pop along to that.

Advertisement