Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

When are tickets on general sale... I don't see anything online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

smokedeels wrote: »
    When are tickets on general sale... I don't see anything online.

I don't know really. First I heard of it was on the radio last night when they were giving away the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

lordgoat wrote: »
    Land Lovers, S-head, GPO, Yeh Deadlies and Losers! We should all try and buy this one, great songs by some great new(ish) bands...

It's great, been listening to it non stop. Really like the Michael Knight one, sounds like the gay parade. Pantone 247's song is also great.
    Can't wait for saturday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd like to see the Antlers again, but thought the sound quality in The Academy last time was beyond a sham. I'd be reluctant to pay to see them there again.

But free? Free is always good!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Henry Rollins gig announced for the 24th of Aug in Galway. Thread over in G/E

• Advertisement

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    It's great, been listening to it non stop. Really like the Michael Knight one, sounds like the gay parade. Pantone 247's song is also great.
    Can't wait for saturday.

Don't miss the gig this saturday then!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Antlers tickets on sale. 16.75 euro. I take it this is in the Academy and not Academy 2 again......

Antlers tickets on sale. 16.75 euro. I take it this is in the Academy and not Academy 2 again......

Only being sold on ticketmaster, not tickets.ie. Damn service charge! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Two of my favourite singers collaborating to cover a Zombies song.. Delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone head to Owen Pallet in Whelan's the other night? My mate told me about it but I was working :/

• Advertisement

Jim wrote: »
    Anyone head to Owen Pallet in Whelan's the other night? My mate told me about it but I was working :/

It was pretty special... Not to rub it in...

http://soundcloud.com/enfante_terrib/sets

Also good work on the job!

Jim wrote: »

We missed your nice shirt.

I felt old afterwards though - I can't stand still for 2 hours without my legs hurting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I just happened to be out of town for exactly the day of Owen Pallett's show. It was kind of heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Giving the Horrors 'Skying' a first listen right now. So far it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Damn you all. I did see another "secret" gig of his a few years ago so I'm not going to look at anything and just assume it was around about as good as that.

Massive hand claps and woops to Jeff L.

Congrats!

Oooh.

195716_145604338847139_4796527_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Oooh.

195716_145604338847139_4796527_n.jpg

They screened Kanye's Coachella performance a few weeks ago. It didn't work out too well, the sound was WAY too low and no-one was really watching.

I'm still going to go though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

They are no doubt just re-showing the youtube stream which is poor quality, especially to "Screen" rather than watch yourself on a computer.

Just heard dEUS are returning October 12th to Olympia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Going to see James Murphy at Bennicassim this weekend, anyone heard his solo stuff live?

It's a DJ set, right?

He's good, I just spent the whole set hoping in vain that he might just break out some of his own stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭SleepAtNight

Possibly asked before but would Indie also include classic pop-rock (folk) like the Byrds and Love? Doesn't seem right if they're in the Rock-Metal section.

Possibly asked before but would Indie also include classic pop-rock (folk) like the Byrds and Love? Doesn't seem right if they're in the Rock-Metal section.
    I'd say it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

am I allowed mention an adverts ad?
    I am trying to sell a ticket for bellx1/editors here
    http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/marlay-park-editors-bell-x1/748726

cheers :)

http://harmlessnoise.entertainment.ie/2011/07/first-listen-tieranniesaur-azure-island-ft-bobby/

Great little band.

Also top line up of comedy in the mercatile tomorrow evening. Get there for 9pm or so.

Did anybody go to that Mike Watt gig in the Button Factory?

How did I not see that, found out today and I'm p1ssed off that I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

lordgoat wrote: »

Fairly sure I've seen that gif before the riots in London.

Advertisement