Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TwoCanDan

lordgoat wrote: »
    Son?

Nice try lordgoat, but the real Jim Corr would never consort with the masonic conspiracy that is the Boards Indie pages...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

TwoCanDan wrote: »
    Nice try lordgoat, but the real Jim Corr would never consort with the masonic conspiracy that is the Boards Indie pages...

You're right he'd be all over the ladies lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

So he'll be in there asking "Marina?" not "son?".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

tickets.ie sent me an upcoming gig list saying Modeselektor are playing tomorrow one hour ago. What kind of sh*t notice is that? Can't go up anyway cos of a friends birthday but I woulda been tempted if I knew about this 2 weeks ago.

Kold wrote: »
    tickets.ie sent me an upcoming gig list saying Modeselektor are playing tomorrow one hour ago. What kind of sh*t notice is that? Can't go up anyway cos of a friends birthday but I woulda been tempted if I knew about this 2 weeks ago.

dude join twitter and follow Leagues, and a few others and you'll never miss a gig

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    dude join twitter and follow Leagues, and a few others and you'll never miss a gig

Twitter is still gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Gay in an awesome Rupert Everett way though, rather than a lame Cliff Richard way.

Twitter is still gay.

That might be true but all the gays are going to be supplied with tickets for the gigs they want to see...

Also apparently Jim Corr was in amazing form on facebook last night, alas i'm not that big a fan of him or facebook to go check it out.

I actually have a Twitter but I never have a clue what I'm looking at at any given time. I then close it out of anger and frustration. I am hip and savvy. F*ck Twitter for making me feel otherwise.

/downloads irc again

I actually have a Twitter but I never have a clue what I'm looking at at any given time. I then close it out of anger and frustration. I am hip and savvy. F*ck Twitter for making me feel otherwise.

/downloads irc again

Find @foggynotions and give him a follow, also download tweetdeck, it makes twitter easier through an interface that lets you put people in lists. So you can have a list where you'll just see updates about the people you designate to that list.

• Advertisement

Anyone headed to the Joy Formidable gig tonight? Should be deadly. Funeral Suits supporting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Anyone at WHY? last night, I really enjoyed it, new songs, band and Yoni Wolf despite looking heavily medicated all sounded good.

smokedeels wrote: »
    Anyone at WHY? last night, I really enjoyed it, new songs, band and Yoni Wolf despite looking heavily medicated all sounded good.
    Yup, good show, if a little short. The new tunes sound good. Do you reckon he was on something, or is that his normal/stage self? I was sitting quite far back.

Is a new album imminent do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I thought Why? was excellent, really enjoyed all the new stuff. Very excited to hear it recorded.

So uh... this http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2011/10/doom-radiohead

Unfortunately DOOM put on one of the worst shows I've seen last year.

I agree, to fork out cash to see him rap over an ipod was nothing short of a disgrace but if the shows are helping to fund his career then I'm cool with it.

That said, a lot of his albums of patchy-as-hell. I remember a lyric on the second track of a Viktor Vaughn album "Dub it off your man. Don't spend that 10 bucks. I did it for the advance the back end sucks" DOOM admitting the fact himself. But when he hits his highs I regard him as the best in the business.

Here it is...

http://ology.com/music/listen-retarded-fren-doom-thom-yorke-and-jonny-greenwood

I'm not mad about it Doom sounds labored and the "beat" is all over the place (for me). It's got some nice moments here and there but as a whole it's actually a little irritating to listen to.

Hey hey glad girls...

...only wanna get you high...

I'm sure anyone who's interested has heard this already...
    http://soundcloud.com/firerecords/gbv-doughnut

Really looking forward to the new album. Anyone here lucky enough to get to see them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Everything Everything are playing the O2 in January!

In support of Snow Patrol.

F*ck you, God

• Advertisement

Just spent E60 on the new sigur ros boxset, broke from now til the end of the month. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Guided By Voices are playing London in May.

Hopefully that'll mean they'll do Primavera too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Anyone else check out Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks last night? My God, that man can riff!

Sweet wrote: »
    Anyone else check out Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks last night? My God, that man can riff!

I really wanted to go but I've been spending way too much on gigs lately so had to pass. I saw him on the Pavement reunion tour last year which was absolutely brilliant. I don't think I've been as happy at a gig as at that one.

I don't think I've been as happy at a gig as at that one.

LCD Soundsystem's last tour did that for me, they were a band that always got me in a good mood when watching thm live. Never again:(

LCD Soundsystem's last tour did that for me, they were a band that always got me in a good mood when watching thm live. Never again:(

That was astonishly great fun too! I did the same thing for them, Pavement and the Pixies Doolittle gig - got there way too early, got a spot right at the front and camped there until the start of the gig. It's rare that I'll get so excited about a gig but those three did it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

The atmosphere last night was really boisterous, banter between the crowd and the band was absolutely comical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭belacqua_

Sweet wrote: »
    The atmosphere last night was really boisterous, banter between the crowd and the band was absolutely comical!

Yeah, there were some hilarious moments, the John McEnroe impersonations (audience and band) and the audience correcting Joanna's pronunciation of Phil Lynott's name, it was like a Monty Python sketch. Brilliant night, all round, could have done with another 20 minute encore.

Advertisement