Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I swear there was a moment after some banter, when Malkmus looked like he'd forgot he was playing a gig.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Turns out I'm going to see The Antlers tomorrow night. I'd almost forgotten.

I completely meant to listen to their albums but haven't got around to it.

Quick - suggest some tracks for me or else I'll just wander around asking people "Is this The Ankles? Are The Ankles on yet?" loudly and annoy everyone.

Quick - suggest some tracks for me or else I'll just wander around asking people "Is this The Ankles? Are The Ankles on yet?" loudly and annoy everyone.

Where are they playing and are there tickets left? off to look i go,

I love 'putting the dog to sleep' <--- The song, i'm not some canine hater.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd probably go too, but I still feel badly burned by the sound quality of their last gig.

I often wake up in a cold sweat as I have recurring nightmares of those beautiful melodies hidden under layers of feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Oh dude Kettering -

- which was, weirdly, used to great effect in a really giant plot scene in Chuck a while back. But to be honest, putting that song on footage of a nice old lady making tea, would still leave me a wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

That was astonishly great fun too! I did the same thing for them, Pavement and the Pixies Doolittle gig - got there way too early, got a spot right at the front and camped there until the start of the gig. It's rare that I'll get so excited about a gig but those three did it for me.

Was at all 3 myself, great shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

Went to Scroobius Pip gig in Cyrpus Avenue on Saturday. Was excellent.

He played all of Distraction Pieces apart from "feel it". He did "a thousand words" from No Commercial Breaks. He also did "we are lizards" and "i want to be an astronaut".

He was so good, got to have a nice chat with him too. Top man, top artist, legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »

Is it Fenton or Benton, there seems to be some debate.

smokedeels wrote: »
    Is it Fenton or Benton, there seems to be some debate.

Doesn't matter, he won't answer to either of them.

@fentonthedog Vs @Bentonsowner

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

Heading to Baths tomorrow night. Psyched! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Only today did I realise what a fantastic album Electro-Shock Blues is

Heading to Baths tomorrow night. Psyched! :D

I'm jelly.

Foggy Notions are just the greatest promoter around, email today offering free tickets to a selection of gigs as a thank you for the support during the year.

A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Im starting to doubt whether I know indie music anymore. I was at the Wild Beasts concert on Saturday night with a mate, ended up in Workman's Club afterwards. So theres a few of us near the DJ and one of the lads asked me to request a song from the gig earlier. So I go up and try to request a song and the response I get is :
    We're an INDIE club night

So then I ask for some Jape, the fella laughs. No was he just an outrageous pretentious prick because I don't dress in the stereotypical indie way or am I just not cool anymore?

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Im starting to doubt whether I know indie music anymore. I was at the Wild Beasts concert on Saturday night with a mate, ended up in Workman's Club afterwards. So theres a few of us near the DJ and one of the lads asked me to request a song from the gig earlier. So I go up and try to request a song and the response I get is :

So then I ask for some Jape, the fella laughs. No was he just an outrageous pretentious prick because I don't dress in the stereotypical indie way or am I just not cool anymore?

God is a DJ, he doesn't do requests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I'm struggling to think of a Wild Beasts song that people could dance to. Jape on the otherhand....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Someone must have forgotten to tell that to other djs there that play shiit dance crap half the time i've been there.
    He must be a new enough dj , Most djs aren't stupid enough to laugh at someone who requests a song. It's very unprofessional and makes the club look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

catch--22 wrote: »
    I'm struggling to think of a Wild Beasts song that people could dance to. Jape on the otherhand....

Hooting & Howling. Well I would.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The best year end list of the...um... year returns!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/2011-the-year-in-band-names,66284/1/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Lemonheads are coming to Galway as part of their It's A Shame About Ray tour. \o/

Lemonheads are coming to Galway as part of their It's A Shame About Ray tour. \o/

When's that happening?

When's that happening?

Trip to the J-bomb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

April 16th, 22/20euro. Besides that album I don't really know the band too well and despite knowing absolutely no one who knows/likes them I'm really tempted to get a ticket. On sale in the morning.

April 16th, 22/20euro. Besides that album I don't really know the band too well and despite knowing absolutely no one who knows/likes them I'm really tempted to get a ticket. On sale in the morning.

Evan Dando is great live. Brilliant performer. I've never seen the Lemonheads as a band but I'm sure it'll be worth seeing - just got tickets for the Dublin gig there myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

This week got me kick ass seated tickets to Seinfeld, the horrors and I'm due to pick up some Maccabees tickets. Not bad.

Advertisement