Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Hi guys, I am wondering if someone can help me out by forwarding their old ticketmaster tickets to me - goodmankeenan@gmail.com

We have a scheme in work where we can claim for leisure receipts but I dont seem to be going to sufjan often enough :)

would apreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hi guys, I am wondering if someone can help me out by forwarding their old ticketmaster tickets to me - goodmankeenan@gmail.com

We have a scheme in work where we can claim for leisure receipts but I dont seem to be going to sufjan often enough :)

would apreciate it

What percentage of the face value are you offering for them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What percentage of the face value are you offering for them? :)

ha ha

I don't need them that badly, I can wait till next year to clam them (I get 25% of the money as a reward for putting money in at the start of the year) but they would help me be more cash liquid now and would help with the christmas present funds.

Seriously though if anyone doesn't mind forwarding them on it would be fab, but I don't need them enough to offer anything other than my gratitude in return...

cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Merry Christmas and all the rest.

You're a great bunch of lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Bob Mould (Sugar, Husker Du) & Craig Kilborn - Little Drummer Boy:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

lordgoat wrote: »

Think I'll raise one of these to my favourite Chicago lads.*

*Statistic might change as I realise which other musicians I like are from Chicago.

Edit: This lad's from Chicago too, he's class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Anyone get any nice music related presents this year?

My girlfriend got me a Ukulele and my folks must have noticed the masking tape on my headphones because they got me a new pair. result!

I got a Novation Launchpad, this thing is the best fun ever. Really like the kind of feel it can give you for things. Minimal Kid A remix is in the works ;)

And some John Cage and Stravinsky CDs. John Cage is the ****in' boss!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Wvn-9BXVc

read the story in the comments...

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Wvn-9BXVc

read the story in the comments...

That song is as bad as the NRC Taxi Taxi Taxi ad doing the rounds on the radio. :mad:

That song is as bad as the NRC Taxi Taxi Taxi ad doing the rounds on the radio. :mad:

I will purposely never use NRC because of there ads, even though their number is beaten into my mind, i'd rather spend time looking for an alternative. Also never bought anything in Harvey Norman for the same reason.

I will purposely never use NRC because of there ads, even though their number is beaten into my mind, i'd rather spend time looking for an alternative. Also never bought anything in Harvey Norman for the same reason.

Ever used Shake 'n' Vac?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I got a Novation Launchpad, this thing is the best fun ever. Really like the kind of feel it can give you for things. Minimal Kid A remix is in the works ;)

And some John Cage and Stravinsky CDs. John Cage is the ****in' boss!

Nice one, pr0n! Got me a Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai and am waiting on a TC Electronic Hall of Fame to arrive (a gift to myself, mind you ;)) so exams have well and truly taken a back seat.

Keep doing what you're doing into the New Year Alt/Indians, boards would be a lot colder place without you fine folk!

Sweet wrote: »
    so exams have well and truly taken a back seat.

Don't remind me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Also got tickets for tUnE yArDs and the Horrors, RESULT!

This might of interest to some people here - Brian Ritchie (Violent Femmes), The Dresden Dolls, Mick Harvey (Bad Seeds) and John Parish (PJ Harvey) team up to cover the Violent Femmes' first album. Most of the video are in that link and it's superb, great fun altogether with Amanda Holden nailing Gano's voice. Kiss Off in particular is class.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

This might of interest to some people here - Brian Ritchie (Violent Femmes), The Dresden Dolls, Mick Harvey (Bad Seeds) and John Parish (PJ Harvey) team up to cover the Violent Femmes' first album. Most of the video are in that link and it's superb, great fun altogether with Amanda Holden nailing Gano's voice. Kiss Off in particular is class.

Amanda Holden

Amanda-Holden-expecting.jpg?e83a2c

Amanda Palmer

2008-10-amanda-palmer.jpg

:D:D

Sounds like a great project though, watching the video now. Cheers for the link!

Darn. :D Yeah, not too familiar with Dresden Dolls besides a handful of tracks (which are all golden, I probably should acquire their albums). I like Palmer's cover of The Ship Song too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Darn. :D Yeah, not too familiar with Dresden Dolls besides a handful of tracks (which are all golden, I probably should acquire their albums). I like Palmer's cover of The Ship Song too.

She's a show woman is Amanda! Seen the DD once and Amanda twice - once solo and once with full band. I think I did out grow some of the more angsty DD stuff, but I still love to blast them out loud when I can.

Insanely long live version, but if you have a spare ten minutes!

• Advertisement

According to an ad on the radio I just heard Blink 182 "defined a generation".

Really? The Sh*te Generation was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Someone gave out to me on Twitter when I complained about that description of Blink 182.

Defined a generation - backed up by all the fact they are advertising the sh!te out of it on the radio.

WHATS-YOUR-BLUES-NAME.jpg

What's your blues name?

No middle name means lordg = Big Bradley.

Skinny Money Hopkins! I like it :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

'Old Killer Lee' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pretty Foot Lee. My ex used to liken my feet to Nicholas Cage. I never really got why.

Going to Clap Your Hands and say Yeah! tonight. Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Hi! I'm going to the Noel Gallagher gig on Feb 17th and it's been a while since I've been in Dublin and I'm not to familiar with the good places to go - definitely don't want to go to a nightclub, more so somewhere with good rock music (had something similar to the old CBGBs in NY in mind but I don't think there's anywhere like that in Ireland?)
    Any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Hi! I'm going to the Noel Gallagher gig on Feb 17th and it's been a while since I've been in Dublin and I'm not to familiar with the good places to go - definitely don't want to go to a nightclub, more so somewhere with good rock music (had something similar to the old CBGBs in NY in mind but I don't think there's anywhere like that in Ireland?)
    Any help would be appreciated!

Try the Grand Social or the Workmans Club, usually good for a crowd and good tunes. Beyond that there is always Whelans to fall back on. Can't say there is anywhere that would be like CBGBs overall, though I'm sure many a placed have the dive look of it, just not the tunes or cool factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

According to an ad on the radio I just heard Blink 182 "defined a generation".

Really? The Sh*te Generation was it?

They seem to get a lot of credit these days. I remember them being viewed - quite rightly - as cr@p when they were out first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Anyone going to The Subways in April? They're a seriously underratted band and tickets are still on sale which is surprising considering the price and the fact that it's just in the academy!

Advertisement