Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

It still sounds like you're nitpicking there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

karaokeman wrote: »
    Fair enough, the part of that quote I placed in bold sums up my statement regarding AIF.

No it doesn't. You were trying to be a smart arse and didn't understand what this thread is about.

It's not surprising that you have even nothing to say in an off topic thread, well done that takes some doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

It still sounds like you're nitpicking there.

Aright you would be correct on that one.

I'll admit I didn't read the first post in this thread, and I should have done so in the first place and I can take my humour too far at times, this was just one example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Well folks I think we've all learned something valuable here today.

I've no notion what that is but let's get this off-topic thread back off-topic again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I've no notion what that is but let's get this off-topic thread back off-topic again.

Hehe, excellent!

I have exams in two weeks; my activities today consisted of molding an arse-shaped groove in my armchair coupled with flicking through endless lecture slides for the better part of twelve hours and drying out some magic mushrooms that I picked up last week. I'm slowly losing my mind (and how I wish I could attribute the loss to the mushrooms!).

Been spending my working day photoshopping co-workers heads onto maps while listening to the new Brian Jonestown Massacre album. I've had more stress filled days:D

For those who complained about Evan Dando at the Academy a few weeks ago check this out - I was at this Tricky gig in Bristol last week. Oddest gig I've been at for a while. He walked around in the crowd for about 10 minutes at one point and left his backing band onstage playing one of their own songs.

http://www.bristol247.com/2012/04/27/review-tricky-martina-topley-bird-at-o2-academy-bristol-41783/

For those who complained about Evan Dando at the Academy a few weeks ago check this out - I was at this Tricky gig in Bristol last week. Oddest gig I've been at for a while. He walked around in the crowd for about 10 minutes at one point and left his backing band onstage playing one of their own songs.

http://www.bristol247.com/2012/04/27/review-tricky-martina-topley-bird-at-o2-academy-bristol-41783/

I've seen him once, erratic to say the least.

He split towards the end of the show after inviting a dozen people from the crowd onstage, his backing band followed with a cover of "Ace of Spades". Not really what I shelled out €20+ to see, but hey... it was interesting on some level.

Adam Yauch is dead. Awful news. :(

• Advertisement

Adam Yauch is dead. Awful news. :(

Aye, it's a sad day alright.

Anyone off to the dublin camden crawl next weekend?

Should be a good laugh.

lordgoat wrote: »

Should be a good laugh.

Very keen to head, although the Horrors on the Saturday and my exams beginning on the Monday might scupper any likelihood of heading.

Who are you looking forward to seeing?

Stompbox wrote: »
    Very keen to head, although the Horrors on the Saturday and my exams beginning on the Monday might scupper any likelihood of heading.

Who are you looking forward to seeing?

Going on the Friday, Jape and And So I Watch You... Hoping they don't clash. There's a few others as well but i'll wait til i hear who's playing where to give it alot of though.

Ahhh exams, so long ago and i don't miss them. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Should be a good laugh.

Any idea if you can pick tickets up on the day itself? Really tempted by it but I'm actually not sure whether I am going to be here on Friday yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Get them in Whelans from 5 onwards ...Yea am gonna go the Friday for sure dunno about Sat yet.Should be interesting...wont find out the exact lineups details till tomorrow.

Horrors finished just after 9.30. For a sold out gig it was not wedged. Wonder how many people missed the full show. A guy came up to me and asked how many songs they'd already gone through, I told him 5. I'd be gutted.

I text my mate three songs in to see where he was; he replied saying that he was only at Harcourt Luas stop.

Terrific gig, btw.

Yeah they are deadly. Saturday night gigs in the Academy are nonsense since they want bands on early and everyone out so they can sort out the club. They should post headliner start times on the ticket, not just doors.

Although getting out of a gig early and still having a full nit ahead of me is a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

John Cooper Clarke's hosting a show on 6Music at the moment, quality stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Demon Days came out 7 years ago. Jaysus.

Great album. I remember hitting up HMV to pick it up with a copy of Battlefield 2 and being blown away by Dennis Hopper's turn on 'Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head'.

Stew Lee last night was the funniest comedian i've seen. Also had the most awkward moment at any gig ever where some drunk canadian chick tried to get up on stage and told him he looked really cute.

Also his stand up is not for the feint hearted or slow witted.

Stew Lee last night was the funniest comedian i've seen. Also had the most awkward moment at any gig ever where some drunk canadian chick tried to get up on stage and told him he looked really cute.

Also his stand up is not for the feint hearted or slow witted.

Looking forward to it tonight. Then on to a late night gig in Gardiner St. Drunk comedians heckling each other, should be.... interesting.

Looking forward to it tonight. Then on to a late night gig in Gardiner St. Drunk comedians heckling each other, should be.... interesting.

You're in for a treat we had the greatest heckler put down last night. Such a good show.

Stewart Lee signed my copy of his novel "The Perfect Fool" years ago in Galway, "This Book cost 5 euro on amazon.... Stewart Lee".

On two other occasions he complemented "The Fall" badge on my jacket and made my girlfriend cry on-command into a microphone, a total gent.

Was at the live return of Franz Ferdinand in Galway last night. They played a great gig as expected. Thought the new album might be near done but they told me they are only 4 songs into recording. There's still a bit of wait to come.

They told you specifically? Do tell!

• Advertisement

Stompbox wrote: »
    They told you specifically? Do tell!

He did tell. They're only 4 songs into recording.

Keep up!

Advertisement