Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I want the golden scoop, why were they talking to him specifically? Why was he the only one to get the inside skinny?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Well I asked and I got an answer. Simple. That's how conversations tend to work:p

Aw, I was hoping a coked-up orgy might have featured in yer tale.

How's the new material sounding, actually? Was never huge into FF, but that tune Lucid Dreams from their most recent LP was a cracking tune.

The new ones were fine, nothing out of the ordinary or trying to break the mould. At least on their 3rd record (notably Lucid Dreams) they brought the keys and synths in loads, toned down there again.

No debauched tales but I did get a funny photo with some of them in the Roisin Dubh photobooth. When Nick saw me last night he told me he'd only just remembered how he got back to his hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Entire stream of the new Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Fields album.

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/20/152292529/first-listen-edward-sharpe-and-the-magnetic-zeros-here

So far so good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Entire stream of the new Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Fields album.

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/20/152292529/first-listen-edward-sharpe-and-the-magnetic-zeros-here

So far so good. :)

The Magnetic Fields have a new album out already? :pac:

Zeros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Might warrant its own thread on Gigs but anyone going to the Liss Ard Festival? Bob Mould is playing \o/ (the Sugar album Copper Blue). Hopefully he plays somewhere closer as the trip down to Cork from Donegal won't be too pleasant!

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/05/18/liss-ard-festival-line-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

rcaz wrote: »
    The Magnetic Fields have a new album out already? :pac:

duh :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Eurovision. That is all.

• Advertisement

I've no channels at all so can't watch. Have uk channels on free app but no rte.

I've no channels at all so can't watch. Have uk channels on free app but no rte.

RTE player? You've missed the boys at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Might warrant its own thread on Gigs but anyone going to the Liss Ard Festival? Bob Mould is playing \o/ (the Sugar album Copper Blue). Hopefully he plays somewhere closer as the trip down to Cork from Donegal won't be too pleasant!

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/05/18/liss-ard-festival-line-up/

That's a pretty decent line-up. A shame that I won't be able to go. I'd love to see Bob Mould.

Rte player if it worked on ipad but I'm not going watching Eurovision in my room by myself while people are over. Even if I was so inclined I'd never live the shame down.

Pearl Jam - Smile is on the radio. Takes me back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Ween just broke up, never heard of them to be honest, just a heads up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

If ye haven't already it's well worth checking out An Awesome Wave by Alt-J, got me on first listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Ah primavera.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ah primavera.

>>nissan?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭SIR PEADO BAILOUT

Anyone catch yer man JOHN COOPER CLARKE on da telly BBc 4 last nite i missed it like and i`m partial to the CHICKEN TOWN and all....reviews like anybody ...worth a watch or wot...Evidently like....:P

Nope was at The Men last nite.They where less than awesome btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Richter Collective are shutting up shop at the end of the year:

http://www.goldenplec.com/the-richter-collective-to-close-doors-end-of-year/

I'd imagine it's cos they had a lot of niche bands that didn't sell very well.

flyswatter wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's cos they had a lot of niche bands that didn't sell very well.

No I'd imagine it's because they made too much money and had to close out of an embarrassment of riches.

No I'd imagine it's because they made too much money and had to close out of an embarrassment of riches.

Jesus...

I'm not going to even bother engaging in a discussion with you.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Jesus...

I'm not going to even bother engaging in a discussion with you.

Jesus....

It's a joke for gawd's sake.

I was mildly taking the p*ss out of the obviousness of the statement you made.

Of course it was because the bands on their label didn't sell very well.

Richter Collective are shutting up shop at the end of the year:

http://www.goldenplec.com/the-richter-collective-to-close-doors-end-of-year/

That's really terrible news. They consistently brought some of the best bands this island has to offer to my attention since their conception.

Father Jessup himself would have being proud of that piece of scaraism:)

• Advertisement

Re:Songs goosebumps threads

''However, I've noticed something. A lot of people posting links to songs and videos, but I'm fairly sure no one is even checking them ''

What makes you think this? I for one check out alot of videos posted here.Not mad into lengthy discussions of what is good and what is bad though.

Advertisement