Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This one for the Nickelback fans

http://p.twimg.com/Au0tcERCAAIn10v.jpg#twimg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    Re:Songs goosebumps threads

''However, I've noticed something. A lot of people posting links to songs and videos, but I'm fairly sure no one is even checking them ''

What makes you think this? I for one check out alot of videos posted here.Not mad into lengthy discussions of what is good and what is bad though.
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love music debate and discussion. I rarely click on a Youtube video unless the person who posted it made some sort of effort to include a description of what it is. My bandwidth isn't great so I don't waste much time waiting for videos to buffer. Each to their own I guess.

Animal Collective.

Foggy Notions - who else?

Tickets on sale this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love music debate and discussion. I rarely click on a Youtube video unless the person who posted it made some sort of effort to include a description of what it is. My bandwidth isn't great so I don't waste much time waiting for videos to buffer. Each to their own I guess.

Seems a fair few alt/indie are on dial-up:cool: ahh the 1990s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

lordgoat wrote: »
    Animal Collective.

Foggy Notions - who else?

Tickets on sale this week.

Heard they were disappointing last time they played here, or maybe it wasn't last time but sometime recently.

One of them got sick and Panda Bear just came out and played stuff off his solo album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Yeah I'm so indie I'm on dial-up ;)

More like 3 broadband, which isn't too far off at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

flyswatter wrote: »
    Heard they were disappointing last time they played here, or maybe it wasn't last time but sometime recently.

One of them got sick and Panda Bear just came out and played stuff off his solo album.

That was the gig in Tripod, the 2nd last time they were here I think. Yeah it was disappointing but I've seen them twice since then and both gigs were great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

We dwell in obscure internet-blackspots beside mountainous regions.

The Dirty Three are playing the Button Factory in November.

Go, because it'll be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Saw the Dirty Three in Primavera Porto the other week. The first 3 or 4 songs sounded like 3 musicians playing what they wanted and not matching each other, musical w@nk but after that they sounded brilliant.

My god, has anyone heard the new Kate Nash tune. I bought a ticket for Dolans the other week since I missed her last time (not a big fan anyway but thought I'd check her out) and now I regret wasting my money. She's gone all riotgrrrl which isn't really a surprise to me but her voice is too weak for it. trying to scream like a Courtney Love type, it's a disaster.

I know NME blogged that it's commercial suicide but brilliant, I say it's just crap.

• Advertisement

Bon Iver in the o2... well well he's come along way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Yes videos slow down the threads,,but if people only posted one or maybe two relevent videos with context.Its these 4-5 posts that get my wick up.Also just an album cover post like its a major tip and you have to go dig out 4 urself..I never do.All for discussion and debate just not participating fully in it..cos often its fruitless...countless threads to illustrate in music..the Beatles now that was dinger..completely polarised views.
    And I dont think you can ask the majority with good internet connections to pander to the few living in obsure internet blackspots:rolleyes:

http://soundcloud.com/mumblindeafro

New album on popical island this september.

http://soundcloud.com/mumblindeafro

New album on popical island this september.

Do you know how often the Popicalia shows are? I wanted to check out one in April but there was something else that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Twin Shadow. You guys. Oh my God. Twin Shadow.

FAO folks who've seen Alien 5 aka Prometheus

smokedeels wrote: »
    Do you know how often the Popicalia shows are? I wanted to check out one in April but there was something else that night.

There's one on Saturday!

https://www.facebook.com/events/385251784872313/

Saturday 7th July to be specific.

Foggy Notions bringing a **** load of great acts over this Summer. Every year Leagues delivers, we're privileged to have someone like this in Dublin.

Beach House, Megafaun, Animal Collevtive, Destroyer, Japandroids, Josh T Pearson, A Woody Guthrie night with Andy Irvine and Billy Bragg and there's a few i missed too.

Sweet.
    Japandroids

Nice... 13 squid is a decent price.

• Advertisement

smokedeels wrote: »
    Sweet.

Nice... 13 squid is a decent price.

Ya he's very fair with pricing which is a main reason i'd take a punt on a band i didn't know well.

I'll def go to about 3 of them. John Cale, Japandroids and maybe Josh T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Even €23 for beach house seems cheap. I'm seeing First Aid Kit in November and it's the sameish price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

They'll need to revise the lyrics though!

Stompbox wrote: »
    They'll need to revise the lyrics though!

They posted the very same on Facebook today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Myself and my friend were lounging about my house the other day and decided to make ourselves productive. The result is as follows - a rap review of Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky and On The Road by Jack Kerouac:

I'm Milkybar btw!

Done for the ****s and giggles really; getting barmy about books! Headphones are advised btw, for the BAAAASSSS!

PS. In case anyone would like to know we sampled the piano riff from Kerouac's recital of 'I'd Rather Be Thin Than Famous':

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

i had to delete jim_kiy ..crap username it bothered me!

This was the first thing that came to mind when I read your new username....

PRISONER_BALL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Havent the right to thumbs up but you got it..over-reacted a bit one evening ..needed a break from forums for a bit..
    smoked eels?
    Eels fan?
    on the by and by anyone listen to the new pil album ..gig is coming soon:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAGDAqJbKOY

• Advertisement

I need to get over my "PIL without Keith Levene isn't PIL blah blah" attitude first.

No, I heard or perhaps misheard a lyric from this band years ago and I've used it on forums since.

I actually "drunk-downloaded" a few Eels songs at a party last week. Is "drunk-downloading" a thing?

Oh, and I'm not saying I don't dig the songs.

Advertisement