Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

The Nationals new album being released in May. The National announce new album for May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The Nationals new album being released in May. The National announce new album for May
    W00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The Pixies BMI page has been updated with new song titles. I've heard Black Francis play one or two of them live and they sounded very promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I've stumbled across this on Youtube.

It's a full concert video of The Ex playing The Button Factory two years ago.

Great quality too

Anyone here into John Grant? I'm afraid to say I'd never heard of him until I checked out the new album on spotify tonight. Really impressed. I don't recall listening to the Czars either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Whats a few threads down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The resurrected Camden Crawl thread for 2013.

Am I missing something ..I can see a 2012 thread but not 2013..If you wish to contuine with that thread fair enough

Yo La Tengo is cancelled tonight, incase anyone was going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭mosstin

I was but I'm not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I'm one of the few thats happy....had a ticket but couldn't go, hopeful for a rearranged date.

How would a 'this alt/indie track relates to the previous alt/indie track' thread work here..no matching songs on the name alone though but could be a good thread..altough I am conscious of 'not another youtube thread'
    What yous reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

notnumber wrote: »
    How would a 'this alt/indie track relates to the previous alt/indie track' thread work here..no matching songs on the name alone though but could be a good thread..altough I am conscious of 'not another youtube thread'
    What yous reckon?
    I'm very conscious of 'not another Youtube thread'. I rarely watch Youtube videos unless the person who posted it makes an effort to sell it to me and explain why the song they posted is so great.

But if you want to go ahead.

Well its more about finding out some interesting information than selling the video but I get what you say..I dont want another thread that drops like a stone or a phrase I heard recently drops like an egg from a tall chicken..Thanks for your input zero,,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I'm very conscious of 'not another Youtube thread'. I rarely watch Youtube videos unless the person who posted it makes an effort to sell it to me and explain why the song they posted is so great.

But if you want to go ahead.

We generally hate pointless list youtube threads.

lordgoat wrote: »
    We generally hate pointless list youtube threads.

So I see closing a perfectly good thread..fair enuff I wont get excited about it have better ways to spend my time tbh:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Director and The Flaws?

Both bands were excellent. Achieving Vagueness was a brilliant debut album but I'm only after looking them up there and just discovered that they have a second album and a third one on the way...Was their second album a success?

And Director? Have they split up? We Thrive On Big Cities was classic, shame if they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

alleystar wrote: »
    Director and The Flaws?

Both bands were excellent. Achieving Vagueness was a brilliant debut album but I'm only after looking them up there and just discovered that they have a second album and a third one on the way...Was their second album a success?

And Director? Have they split up? We Thrive On Big Cities was classic, shame if they did.

Director have gone on "indefinite hiatus" or something along those lines as bands say.

The Flaws still going and had strong reviews for the 2nd album. Some great tunes on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Yo La Tengo gig that was cancelled a few weeks back is now on 5th of December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Director have gone on "indefinite hiatus" or something along those lines as bands say.

The Flaws still going and had strong reviews for the 2nd album. Some great tunes on it.

Sound, must check it out so.

• Advertisement

Anyone check out music.twitter.com yet? It' s pretty good. Uses Spotify or Rdio and it scrobbles, good enough for me! Another avenue to discover more music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Been listening to it all day, have it hooked up to my spotify account. I think I've followed about 40 bands today already!

Matthew E. White supporting Grizzly Bear at Iveagh Gardens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Archie Bronson are releasing limited edition vinyl single 6th May.
    You can listen here, also interesting Wayne Coyne interview.

http://thequietus.com/articles/12043-archie-bronson-outfit-i-was-a-dead-duck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Anyone here into John Grant? I'm afraid to say I'd never heard of him until I checked out the new album on spotify tonight. Really impressed. I don't recall listening to the Czars either.

He was on Other Voices last night from London. Was interesting indeed. All sorts of issues getting aired in his songs.

mgkelly wrote: »
    He was on Other Voices last night from London. Was interesting indeed. All sorts of issues getting aired in his songs.

Going to see him on Sunday, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Meant to post this ages ago, a well, for anyone who doesn't know!

http://pitchfork.com/news/47783-neutral-milk-hotel-reunite-for-tour/

Chromatics playing the Village on the 13th of June. Enjoyed them at Forbidden Fruit last year, will hardly make this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Chromatics tickets snapped up. Too bad they're playing at the Village - I always hated it as a venue but haven't been there in years. Has it improved does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Chromatics tickets snapped up. Too bad they're playing at the Village - I always hated it as a venue but haven't been there in years. Has it improved does anyone know?

Cant say it would my favourite place..if its busy the bar is a nightmare..lucky enough they dont have good acts that often so I rarely go there.
    Surely these guys would sell out the button factory which is far superior venue.

Advertisement