Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

My heart skipped a beat when I seen a LIR gig advertised on Ticketmaster.

Lir
    Whelans, Dublin,
    Sat 22 Jun 2013, 20:00

anyone know what the crack is with tickets,currently not on sale?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone care to have a read of some grade A music journalism...

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/we-don-t-need-no-high-cost-high-brow-heavy-metal-education-1.1394624

a truly embarrassing piece of writing. Everybit as awful as his piece on dance music.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

lordgoat wrote: »

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/we-don-t-need-no-high-cost-high-brow-heavy-metal-education-1.1394624

a truly embarrassing piece of writing. Everybit as awful as his piece on dance music.

If I put that little research into my job, or was as generally clueless in the field I'd be out the door. That is a disgraceful standard of "journalism". And to think other people would have had to proof read it and approve it.... Mind boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

A prime example of why I don't read the Irish Times. An uneducated joke of an article by someone who clearly has an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I read this a wee while back. I was shocked by the tone. One wonders could he really be for real?!

Martin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

Bit of a random request,but could you guys name me some Irish red haired female musicians,preferably with some attainable material.Ideally they would be lead singer/solo musician.

Thanks in advance :)

This song

makes me wanna do this

/meaningful thread bump

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Idk how much you guys listen to hip hop but R.A. the Rugged man has dropped his second LP in 10 years.

This guy is f*cking good.

Kold wrote: »
    Idk how much you guys listen to hip hop but R.A. the Rugged man has dropped his second LP in 10 years.

It's on spotify, will give it a listen.

New Kanye did nothing for me on first listen. Liked the last track but Saturday 8am listening might not be the time for it.

• Advertisement

New Kanye did nothing for me on first listen. Liked the last track but Saturday 8am listening might not be the time for it.

I've given it a few listens now, enjoying it, some good tracks on there.

anyone catch the breeders last nite? hype and nostalgia does not make for a good concert..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Kanye reached Eminem status long ago. Their musicianship ended after album #2. After that theyre a brand.

Kold wrote: »

Album of the year contender....

Definition of a Flow..... Boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

My news.

Anyone head to the Chromatics?

Good gig.

Still hate the Village as a venue though.

Breeders last night also great.

That is all.

My news.

Anyone head to the Chromatics?

Good gig.

Still hate the Village as a venue though.

Breeders last night also great.

That is all.

I guess they where not bad ..did what was expected ..driving on 9 was their best song and the crowd finally started moving ..myself included .Cannonball on too early..but they remained faithful to the album.
    Sin-é

Would have loved to have seen Chromatics again.

notnumber wrote: »
    I guess they where not bad ..did what was expected ..driving on 9 was their best song and the crowd finally started moving ..myself included .Cannonball on too early..but they remained faithful to the album.
    Sin-é

You can't fault them for sticking to the track order. People would be annoyed if they messed with that. It's part of the charm of album gigs I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The Golem

At the Breeders gig, did Kim mention quitting Pixies? Interesting happening that, I expect it's confirmation a new album is on the cards rather than the band stopping altogether.

The Golem wrote: »
    At the Breeders gig, did Kim mention quitting Pixies? Interesting happening that, I expect it's confirmation a new album is on the cards rather than the band stopping altogether.

Not that I heard anyway.

• Advertisement

She didn't say anything about it on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Does anyone here like The Strokes? What do you think about their latest album? It seems to get mixed reviews and I'd agree that some of the stuff feels like filler material but there are some gems on it! Nothing beats Is This It though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Yeah they confirmed it the other day

https://www.facebook.com/pixiesofficial/posts/10151715659192442

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

My current favourite Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Markesmith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

the-audacity-of-low-what-does-a-band-owe-us-when-we-pay-to-see-them-perform

Low play a 27 minute set that consists of an elongated version of "Do You Know How to Waltz?". Some people get angry because they wanted a "traditional set", others trip balls because they enjoyed it so much.

It's an interesting question, "does a band owe you something because you've bought a ticket?". Personally I admire the bands guts and would have enjoyed the set both for the music and the novelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

smokedeels wrote: »

Low play a 27 minute set that consists of an elongated version of "Do You Know How to Waltz?". Some people get angry because they wanted a "traditional set", others trip balls because they enjoyed it so much.

It's an interesting question, "does a band owe you something because you've bought a ticket?". Personally I admire the bands guts and would have enjoyed the set both for the music and the novelty.

If I was a fan and had bought a ticket and maybe some of their albums over the years, I would expect a "traditional set". If the band advertised that they would be doing a 27 min "non-traditional" set, then I would have the opportunity to decide whether I go or not. But to spring it on an unsuspecting audience, assuming the tickets were full price and not a reduced price, then I personally would be disappointed.

It's not a juke box. The band can decide to play whatever the hell they want in whatever style they want imo. Sure everyone won't like it, some will love it but it's their call.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

It's not a juke box. The band can decide to play whatever the hell they want in whatever style they want imo. Sure everyone won't like it, some will love it but it's their call.

Good point, well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

smokedeels wrote: »

Nothing wrong with a 27 minute song per se, provided it's a good 'un. Started to listen to their performance last night and only got about half way through. It was just a bit dull and repetitive, although maybe it was one of those you had to be there moments.. I say this all as a Low fan by the way, seeing them again in Whelans in August. But I'll be a bit miffed if this is their set list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

question. why does everyone have a hard-on for Chic at the moment? I don't get it, theyre a 70s cheesy disco setup with a lead guitarist that's getting huge press at the moment for his girlfriend. Am I missing something?

Advertisement