Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

CocoRosie.
    Never cease to blow my mind.
    I recommend falling in love with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

smokedeels wrote: »
    I haven't liked a thing they've released post-Pinkerton, we should do a collection for this....

New campaign attempts to raise money to pay Weezer to split up
    the originator of that petition has now stopped.

tbh as much as i hate post matt sharp weezer i don't want them to break up, they look like they are having fun and in fairness that's all i'd want to be doing if i was Rivers and the gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

the originator of that petition has now stopped.

tbh as much as i hate post matt sharp weezer i don't want them to break up, they look like they are having fun and in fairness that's all i'd want to be doing if i was Rivers and the gang.

More power to them, they made a couple of decent albums then done a bunch of stuff I avoided, they can carry on doing their thing, I'll carry on ignoring them and giving the earlier stuff* the odd listen.

Just thought the petition was "lol worthy".

*I can't believe I used the "earlier stuff" line :o

The chick from Broadcast died from phenomena this morning, damn shame, young girl and a fantastic band

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

smokedeels wrote: »
    The chick from Broadcast died from phenomena this morning, damn shame, young girl and a fantastic band

Do you mean pneumonia? :confused:

• Advertisement

Do you mean pneumonia? :confused:

yeah, swine flu was the culprit, I'll put the typo down to my iphone's predictive text function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Guys! You guys! LCD Soundsystem are the unwilling sneering public face of the entire Illuminati conspiracy!

http://bit.ly/eIYns4

I should warn you, the sheer truth contained in this link might just blow your mind right out.

This website might be previously known to you by it's only slightly less marvellous take on The Suburbs video, which I now realise is actually a powerful metaphor for Win-and-James' schismed and doomed bromance.

My God, I love crazy people on the internet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

BBC4 is where it's at. The Boss at his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

This website might be previously known to you by it's only slightly less marvellous take on The Suburbs video, which I now realise is actually a powerful metaphor for Win-and-James' schismed and doomed bromance.

Make me stop laughing, please.
    These crazy people are hilarious
    The bully is a closeted gay who’s trying to reenforce his ‘manhood’ by beating up the boy he’s actually attracted to. It’s a display of the suburban facade and what lies underneath.

Martial law is being used to say that individuals who run from the cities and into the suburbs are actually joining a sort of police state willingly, and when there’s any kind if minor problem they run to their oppressors despite past experiences.

Frankly I’m sort of surprised people here are totally missing the message.

http://theformersovietrepublic.bandcamp.com/

cracking album from kildare native and blogger thrillpier.blogspot

Best new album i've heard in 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

lordgoat wrote: »
    http://theformersovietrepublic.bandcamp.com/

cracking album from kildare native and blogger thrillpier.blogspot

Best new album i've heard in 2011.

I just gave that a listen today, it's brilliant.Been looking forward to it for a while.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Really enjoying this album. Good friend of mine :)

Very strong rumours of Death From Above 1979 reuniting for at least one US festival appearance. The prospect made me squeak aloud.

Archers of Loaf have also reformed.

Hope to catch them at some point over ther summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

lordgoat wrote: »
    Archers of Loaf have also reformed.

I'd never heard of them until I listened to the My So Called Life soundtrack cassette back in 1994.

Come to think of it that was a pretty good soundtrack.

I'd never heard of them until I listened to the My So Called Life soundtrack cassette back in 1994.

Come to think of it that was a pretty good soundtrack.

Same as me dude and then stumbled back upon them in Mallrats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You've just reminded me I need to get back in to My So Called Life. So naff and 90s, and yet strangely compelling.

Started listening to 'Allo Darlin' last night. Twee, but I find refrains such as 'Max von Sydow couldn't play you' endearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Very strong rumours of Death From Above 1979 reuniting for at least one US festival appearance. The prospect made me squeak aloud.

I just saw a Coachella poster with DFA1979 on it. I honestly did NOT expect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

WHAT YOU SAY?

THEY SET US UP BOMB! I MEAN... THEY'VE REUNITED TO PLAY THE COACHELLA FESTIVAL IN CALIFORNIA. DETAILS ARE SCARCE BUT HOPEFULLY THEY'LL PLAY SOME OTHER DATES. IN MY HOUSE. THAT WOULD BE NICE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Shhh...... use your indoor voice.

Oh I dunno, seems kind of appropriate to yell about DFA. Few other bands come to mind that can scream lyrics like "I love your company" with quite such a fury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

new strokes album announced....... boom

New Arcade Fire release in March sometime too. It's all go all of a sudden, isn't it?

EDIT:

Incidentally, your signature is cruel, terrifying and inappropriate for an alt/indie forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Coachella looks mighty tempting but I'd be doing it alone and I hear it's just not like festivals here, with it's strict security and designated drinking areas and such. Still Cracking line up and should be great weather.
    New Arcade Fire release in March sometime too. It's all go all of a sudden, isn't it?

Any idea what the release is - single/DVD?

They'll hopefully play Primavera too, speaking of which, anyone fancy a jaunt to Barca for it in March? My peeps are being a bit flaky on it... Flights were quite reasonable... shouldn't be too expensive... <100 return

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    new strokes album announced....... boom

in relation to your sig...

EDIT:

Incidentally, your signature is cruel, terrifying and inappropriate for an alt/indie forum.

I saw it in soccer forum last week and i though, christ if Pudsy posts in alt/indie it could spell the the end for us all!

Coming true before mine eyes...

I'm on my mobile and can't remember what my sig is. Enlighten me please

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I'm on my mobile and can't remember what my sig is. Enlighten me please

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

• Advertisement

I'm on my mobile and have forgotten what my sig is. Enlighten me please

Edit: just checked. I see no issue

Advertisement