Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad collision/accident in Tuam

Options
  • 08-11-2010 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Terrible accident earlier tonight involving a van and a Corduff bus bringing students to Limerick. Both drivers deceased. RIP.
    Road in Tuam - N17 towards Galway - will be closed tomorrow morning as well as tonight.
    Drive carefully.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Be careful on the back roads people. Lots of trucks using the back roads spraying large amounts of water making visibility hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

How do you know this was an accident?

How do you know this was an accident?

Coz I was on the fúcking bus.

mars bar wrote: »
    Coz I was on the fúcking bus.

So it wasn't preventable?

So it wasn't preventable?

The crash? No idea. I doubt it. It happened so fast. That weather makes it doubly hard.
    I dunno if it was split second thinking by the driver presuming he was still alive at that point or just pure luck that our bus didn't topple over onto the wall that was hit.

• Advertisement

The crash? No idea. I doubt it. It happened so fast. That weather makes it doubly hard.
    I dunno if it was split second thinking by the driver presuming he was still alive at that point or just pure luck that our bus didn't topple over onto the wall that was hit.

Right but my point is that it is too early to call it an accident. We don't know what happened and whether it could have been prevented.

Well in my book, an accident is an accident whether it could have been prevented or not.

It's not an accident when the action happening was intentional.

So in this case, unless the driver in the van wanted to kill somebody on that bus (which let's face it, is highly unlikely), then it's an accident.

That's my reading of it anyway. You're more than welcome to your own opinion on it...

Personally, I hope it was just a freak accident that won't happen to anyone else in a very long time to come...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 happysnapper

Look Hotmail 2 people are dead so stop going on with your bul****...dose it matter at this stage, did you not stick your nose out the window to see what the weather was like. People like you make my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Users like hotmail are the reason why the internet shouldn't be allowed for certain people. Talk about acting like a know it all ****. Two people are dead so show some respect! How would you feel if a loved one was killed on the roads and you had someone start posing these idiotic questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok people back on track.
    Let's just call it a collision.

• Advertisement

Asmodean wrote: »
    Users like hotmail are the reason why the internet shouldn't be allowed for certain people. Talk about acting like a know it all ****. Two people are dead so show some respect! How would you feel if a loved one was killed on the roads and you had someone start posing these idiotic questions.

What's idiotic about it? I thought we've moved on from using the term accident when talking about a car crash incident, because almost all car crashes are preventable, therefore they are not accidents. I don't see any disrespect in saying that, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Anyone who wishes to discuss the semantics of this, take it to Motors.
    I'm in no mood today to let people argue over stupid things like that when two people just lost their lives.

Fúck it, I'm not in the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Fúck it, I'm not in the mood.

How you feeling today?

Sore. My eye is swollen and black, I've got "carpet-burn" marks on my face, the lumps on my head and my knees are getting bigger and my shoulder and neck are stiff and sore today.

Relatively unscathed on the scale of things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I am unfamiliar with the details apart from the fact that there were students injured and both drivers are dead, RIP. It's just awful.

Does anyone know how this happened?

Funkfield wrote: »
    I am unfamiliar with the details apart from the fact that there were students injured and both drivers are dead, RIP. It's just awful.

Does anyone know how this happened?

If anyone can answer this, I'd like to know too. :)

Some off topic removed, one user banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

biko wrote: »
    Some off topic removed, one user banned.

Not surprised with all of the unfortunate rumours flying around the place at the moment. Mars Bar, I hope your recovery is speedy. Sympathy to the families of the deceased, it was an awful thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

I was driving on that road in the opposite direction mere minutes before the accident/collision. In shock, my sympathies to the families of the injured and deceased.

The driving conditions on that night were horrific. High winds and extremely heavy downpours, with lots of surface water. I was driving slowly (was coming back from Oranmore into Tuam after dropping a friend off at the bus stop there), and every time a I met a lorry, I couldn't see anything for a second as there was so much water on the road.

I don't want to speculate on what caused the accident. The only thing I can tell you for a fact is that the weather was atrocious.

• Advertisement

More off-topic removed.
    Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement