Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone seen or heard of this guy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

you're being sacastic, yea? :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Is that you Shakey?
    Stop makin music please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Shakey is a really nice fella, and I hate to say it, but Irish Party is pretty bloody terrible.

There is really good Irish Rappers but Shakey isn't one of them.

Rob Kelly, RiRa, The Class A'z lads, Nugget and a few more are all quality but shakey it s bit of a gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Check out these vids on the link for some proper Irish hip hop
    http://howd.ie/0ac57A7

RíRá, Raggaman, Lineage Crew and a few more too,
    Shakey aint a patch on this lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

they're is no good or even half decent irish rappers,we havnt got the accent for it,sorry to offend but especially the country accent is pretty terrible sounding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 CraicMusic

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    they're is no good or even half decent irish rappers,we havnt got the accent for it,sorry to offend but especially the country accent is pretty terrible sounding.

I disagree.
    The Irish accent is world renowned and generally liked by most. The country is awash with potential, sadly most goes unheard of due to a perplexing prejudice held against local talent.

I run a blog over @ craicmusic.wordpress.com it covers the latest in Irish hip hop news/audio/video & downloads. Have a look and see what you think. Once you get over the initial shock of the accent I think you'll really enjoy the music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

You do realise there are Irish people out there without accents don't you?

I agree however that the Dublin/Limerick skanger accent is pretty horrible, MC'ing or otherwise.

Orizio wrote: »
    You do realise there are Irish people out there without accents don't you?

I agree however that the Dublin/Limerick skanger accent is pretty horrible, MC'ing or otherwise.
    the normal dublin accent is perfectly fine.
    its not a slight on our accent,just feel were not suited to it.

the normal dublin accent is perfectly fine.

Not sure what this is. Do you mean by normal accent the kind of middle class accent that is barely noticeable and comprimising of the odd colloquialism?

Not sure what this is. Do you mean by normal accent the kind of middle class accent that is barely noticeable and comprimising of the odd colloquialism?
    no not at all,normal as in how i sound,not plumb in the mouth,nor common as muck,the middle ground,dublin inner city accent.

• Advertisement

no not at all,normal as in how i sound,not plumb in the mouth,nor common as muck,the middle ground,dublin inner city accent.

So, to get this correct, you only believe people from the Dublin inner-city, who do not have accents (i.e. the well off people) should rap?

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

People from the inner-city tend to have the flat Dublin accent not the neutral one.

So, to get this correct, you only believe people from the Dublin inner-city, who do not have accents (i.e. the well off people) should rap?

Interesting.
    the well off people?in the inner city?your obviously from the suburbs?
    listen its only a personal opinion,unfortunately your not from the inner city,or at least the inner city im from,so you cant comprehend the accent im trying to describe,not that im trying to push this as a discussion as i never felt anyone would take such offence.

Makaveli wrote: »
    People from the inner-city tend to have the flat Dublin accent not the neutral one.
    neutral,who said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Shakey is a nice guy. He's a weakness for cheesy pop ish that'll rub people on this board the wrong way, and some of his stuff is badly recorded (mine is too) but he can rap alright.

Hip hop can sound good in any accent if you have the skill and confidence to sell it. If an Irish accent rapping sounds wrong to you it's probably cos they're a **** rapper, or that you haven't listened to enough non-US hip hop. People should be encouraged to rap and sing in their own voice. Otherwise we'll end up with the hip hop equivalent of Country & Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

neutral,who said that?

I did, just there in that post.

Makaveli wrote: »
    I did, just there in that post.
    why,no one else mentioned it and i assumed you were referencing someone's post,just seems random now.

Shakey is a nice guy. He's a weakness for cheesy pop ish that'll rub people on this board the wrong way, and some of his stuff is badly recorded (mine is too) but he can rap alright.

Hip hop can sound good in any accent if you have the skill and confidence to sell it. If an Irish accent rapping sounds wrong to you it's probably cos they're a **** rapper, or that you haven't listened to enough non-US hip hop. People should be encouraged to rap and sing in their own voice. Otherwise we'll end up with the hip hop equivalent of Country & Irish.
    sorry to offend,and honestly i really do hope no one takes offence,but ive heard irish rappers and their all shyt,the accent is only part of the problem.

Advertisement