Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much should I walk an expecting Dog !?

Options
  • 08-11-2010 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

hi guys :) Just wondering how much I should walk my dog ,she is 5 wks pregnant at this stage. She's finding it hard to do the things she normally does like jump up on the sofa etc, so I'm not sure should I leave her to rest up untill she has the pups?
    Or, should I still take her for a short walk ?
    By keeping up regular walks will it make labour easier for her ?
    or do you think she is worn out at this stage , I just want to do what's best for her . Thanks in advance for any replies .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Keep taking her for short walks, just remember to keep the pace slow, and head home when she's tiring, or you'll have to carry her!! Any excercise is better than none at all. Regular excercise will help keep her strength up, she has another 2-3 weeks before she gives birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

thks Shinikins ,I just took her for a short ten min walk which she really enjoyed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Ten minutes is about the right length. You might find at this stage that she could take a few ten minute walks a day, say two or three. That way, she is still getting excercise but in short bursts, and you can watch to see if she is flagging. If you notice she's not able for the last walk, cut it out.

Advertisement