Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice outside

• 08-11-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Is there anyway to get rid of mice outside the house? My mother has seen small mice around the back of our home house and near the shed and she wants to get something to kill them off. I was clearing drains at the weekend and found 2 dead mice.

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Folks,

Is there anyway to get rid of mice outside the house? My mother has seen small mice around the back of our home house and near the shed and she wants to get something to kill them off. I was clearing drains at the weekend and found 2 dead mice.

Is there anything I can do?

This is the time of year when you will see mice and rats around, now that the nights are getting frosty they are actively looking for somewhere to winter...
    You could put down poison providing it is secured away from other animals, for those who would rather not put down poison you can set traps or get a cat..
    You will never be rid of them outside as it's their natural habitat, best you can do is control their numbers hence reducing the chances of them getting inside...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If I was you I'd be more concerned about getting rid of them when they get into the house, and not outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Anyone know if those electronic mice repellents are any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

knipex wrote: »

Useless in my opinion...Have two of them and not worth a FUP.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You could get a company in to lay safe housed poisons.

Best solution though is to get a couple of cats or a jack russle, problem solved for 10-15 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

knipex wrote: »

I used one in a shed a couple of winters ago and it was brilliant. Cleared the shed completely. Wasn't cheap mind, over €100 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

hi, check the shed and why they are going in? is there food sources there? a repellent can be no harm anyways. lay a few poison houses.

MOST importantly make sure you have no visible entry points into the house, if the fuppers get a route in then you will have real problems

Advertisement