Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Tombora-is this the right thread?

Options
  • 08-11-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    new to the weather forum so not sure if this goes here.
    Anyway, I''m doing a research project for a class as part of my undergrad degree.
    Our lecturer wants us to use weather data, scientific reading etc and do the research on a significant event that affected irish climate. A lot of people in the class are doing hurricane charlie, night of the big wind, the big freeze and stuff like that. I have an unhealthy obsession with volcanoes lol and want to do something different. So i was thinking of doing it on the effects of the eruption at Mount Tombora in 1815 on the Irish climate.
    Does anyone think thats a bit too hard to get a hold of data and info to do 6,000 words?
    Just incase anyones thinking I'm here to get homework help, I'm not! I'm just looking for advice off people who know their stuff!!

thanks in advance guys!!
    McNuggy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Hi McNuggy.

Having a chat with John Sweeney, Climatologist at NUI Maynooth would be a good start.

John is always very willing to help out and if he cannot he will at least point you in the right direction.

I have pm'd you his email. Hope it helps.

Wolfe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

McNuggy10 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    new to the weather forum so not sure if this goes here.
    Anyway, I''m doing a research project for a class as part of my undergrad degree.
    Our lecturer wants us to use weather data, scientific reading etc and do the research on a significant event that affected irish climate. A lot of people in the class are doing hurricane charlie, night of the big wind, the big freeze and stuff like that. I have an unhealthy obsession with volcanoes lol and want to do something different. So i was thinking of doing it on the effects of the eruption at Mount Tombora in 1815 on the Irish climate.
    Does anyone think thats a bit too hard to get a hold of data and info to do 6,000 words?
    Just incase anyones thinking I'm here to get homework help, I'm not! I'm just looking for advice off people who know their stuff!!

thanks in advance guys!!
    McNuggy

You could join this blog http://bigthink.com/ideas/24849 and ask that question there. Lots of vulcanologists and people who are into volcanos are there who would be able to answer your query and it's very busy at the moment with the Merapi eruption so you would get a reasonably quick answer.

Advertisement