Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any advice please?

• 08-11-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

I posted a Plixy.com (formerly Twitter) photo link over on the weather forum yesterday in the Merapi thread. From a quick look at the time I thought it was a few photos of the Merapi eruption but it was brought to my attention by another poster that there were other photos on it that weren't good to view. I went back to the link to check because I didn't understand what they meant and on different pages in the album there were some really gruesome photos which didn't seem to be connected with Merapi like some of the victim photos coming through.

My worry is that the album owner is also the taker of those photos and that he may have been the author of what happened in the photos or at the very least an accomplice. They may have been photos of accidents/incidents that he came across but not many would coldly take photos of such things and post them in a public album.

Is there some authority that I can report the photos to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 pimark

Without wishing to take a look to see what these photos are about you could report it to the website hosting the photos (I'm assuming is not the authors own site) if its against their terms and conditions.

Of course there might be nothing wrong with taking the photos. For example a photograph of a crime scene while it would not make for pleasant viewing to most of us is still a valid photographic subject. War photography often depicts gruesome detail but more often or not is required in order to make a statement or impact....

Again I don't know the content but they're my general thoughts on it.

Hope thats of some help to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

up for anything, what exactly was it?

Was it actually from the disaster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

No Scamp, as far as I know from looking at the eruption photos, they were not. You don't really want to know and I wish I didn't. Perhaps if I looked at photos like that for 'fun' or 'thrills', I wouldn't have flinched but....

I ended up emailing Plixy customer support asking what I should do and they replied asking for the links. I told them what was in the photos so some poor minimum rate customer service agent wouldn't get a shock if they are the ones that have to check them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 pimark

Right, I had a look. Gruesome stuff for sure. I'd imagine not illegal just bad taste. Wouldn't bother checking if I was you :)

Advertisement