Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Rental Only (can you still make calls?)

Options
  • 08-11-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

This is about the best section to post I think.

I just moved into a house and I need to get my line activated before I can get Broadband, and to get Sky without the no-phoneline charge.

My quick question is when you activate the line and only pay for the line rental to Eircom, can you still receive and make calls? Is it some kind of pay as you go charge?

Incidentally does anyone know if the "dial home" calls from the sky box cost money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

How much is Sky's no-phoneline fee? Line rental alone is going to cost you €25pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Zab wrote: »
    How much is Sky's no-phoneline fee? Line rental alone is going to cost you €25pm.

30 or 40 Euro.
    Indeed it is, but I have to get it regardless to get broadband, can only get the crappy dongles or ADSL 1 in my location.

Asked around anyway and got an answer, line rental only puts you on the most basic of call packages and you get a different phone bill just like the old days before all these free-call packages! That sounds right to me?

All I'm curious about now is the sky phone home cost!

Advertisement