Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop Abusing Call Centre Workers

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

To be honest, about 90% of the jobs i have worked have involved me dealing with the public, or customers, in one way or another.

If you don't like dealing with sometimes angry and sometimes just plain ignorant people, don't work in a job like that.

If you find yourself in a position where you have to work in a job like that, don't take things so personally.

That's really about the only way to get through it without wanting to kill someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I've been having difficulty with a particular company recently. They have already had 2 weeks to solve the problem.
    Today I had time to pester them on the phone. I had the relevant managers name and ext no. She kept passing me on to the call centre. Every time the call centre answered I said I was holding for mary on ext x. They kept passing me back. Eventually she agreed to a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Faust1 wrote: »
    You'd need a translator to understand some of them.

Me not think that fair. Perfectly, do we speak English. Our teacher learned us, and great we think Mr Yoda is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious.:rolleyes:

Im currently working in an inbound call centre for an insurance company and have been for over a year,my options were this or the dole,ya,tough choice, so I do find it funny when people call up and get abusive.FFS,do these assholes not realise that they are abusing people that have access to their car or home insurance,they know where you live,have alot of personal details at their disposal eg bank account details.

Of course it would only be the most unscrupulous of people that would abuse this information but I would say for all the telephone warriors out there,think twice before you get in a strop for no good reason.All it would take is one disgruntled employee to really give them something to bitch about.

You don't call people to sell them things they don't want though, do you?People call you.You are there to help them.Am I right?Then they should be civil and polite and patient with you.Or maybe you have to call them in relation to an existing transaction, which is fine too.

I'm talking about the people who up until recently would call me to tell me they could offering to refinance my property or some other BS.They dare to try and cut themselves a slice of my pie?No way.I used to get called at 8pm some evenings with this crap, or come home to find my voicemail stuffed with tripe.

Thankfully where I live there is now a law whereby you can have them banned which I did, so the misery is over................ for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I used to work for a call centre, best job I ever had, but the most abusive place in the world. Really really terrible...so bad I saw several people reduced to tears and even one death treat made to someone who called a random number.

That kind of behaviour is disgraceful, and does have a lasting impact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I work in a call center for a very large games console maker... ill leave the guess up to you, and i can tell you first hand... abuse is abuse. in every language. I think ive been sweared at in every language, its quite funny actaully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I've had many jobs. I've gotten abuse from the public in all of them no matter how good I was. I even remember the first time. Some person lost the rag because the price of a doughnut went up 5p. It's not just call centers. People are **** wherever you work.

EDIT: If I ever find the person that coined the phrase "The customer is always right" I will gut them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

k_mac wrote: »
    No I have only read the OPs opening moan and was already pissed off. I worked in a call center for years. If I didn't know the answer to something I'd find it out. If someone was having trouble with something I'd do what I could to help them or explain to them what was wrong. The whole problem would be solved if call centers hired people with an IQ above 10 and had some patience. My call center was for betting yet some of the other staff started not knowing what a favourite was.

Ya know, I do agree with this... it's the way I always worked...
    However, call centres don't always allow for this...
    For example, there will be target agents have to reach, call times, hold times, wrap-up times - basically people are pushed to finish a call asap... and maybe sell a few things while on the call...
    Beyond that, you also have the management witholding info from the CSRs and the customers not trying anything before calling...
    End result, CSR starts work in a call centre, happy, sunny and looking to do a great job - the barrades of bad customers and lack of autority to do anything to help result in a CSR who no longer cares about their job and basically has given up... which creates more irate customers...
    And the circle of life continues... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

k_mac wrote: »
    I've had many jobs. I've gotten abuse from the public in all of them no matter how good I was. I even remember the first time. Some person lost the rag because the price of a doughnut went up 5p. It's not just call centers. People are **** wherever you work.

EDIT: If I ever find the person that coined the phrase "The customer is always right" I will gut them.

"The customer is always right so long as it matches what is in the warranty."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zacseph wrote: »
    For example, there will be target agents have to reach, call times, hold times, wrap-up times - basically people are pushed to finish a call asap... and maybe sell a few things while on the call...
    Beyond that, you also have the management witholding info from the CSRs and the customers not trying anything before calling...
    End result, CSR starts work in a call centre, happy, sunny and looking to do a great job - the barrades of bad customers and lack of autority to do anything to help result in a CSR who no longer cares about their job and basically has given up... which creates more irate customers...

That pretty much sums up my job, customers who get pissed off ringing to spak with someone cos the automated system and website are horrifically designed, and incompetent management who seem to think selling people promotions for sh1t they dont want or need is a better substitute for competitive pricing, up to date data plans and not conning people into longer contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

zacseph wrote: »

sooo true

Advertisement