Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post won't take Laser for Postal Orders

Options
  • 08-11-2010 12:16pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Does this seem insane to anyone else? I was taken aback this morning when they said that they can't take Laser for Postal Orders. Another example of head-banging inefficiency if you ask me. Most people buying Postal Orders are doing so because they want to pay an organisation who aren't set up for cash or credit cards, like for visa applications.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

just pay cash... problem solved!

I'm pretty sure there's an ATM at the bottom of that mountain you're on. At least it used to be there when it was just a molehill.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Red Alert wrote: »
    Does this seem insane to anyone else? I was taken aback this morning when they said that they can't take Laser for Postal Orders. Another example of head-banging inefficiency if you ask me. Most people buying Postal Orders are doing so because they want to pay an organisation who aren't set up for cash or credit cards, like for visa applications.

Surely the same reason your purchasing a PO?

Post offices in the main are independently run, they don't opporate like normal retail or banking business and therefore are not set up to accept credit/laser card transactions with the exception of Utility bills where payments go directly to the utility companies.

Normally PO's are purchased with cash and the same would apply if you were purchasing a bank draft at a bank albeit a bank will permit you withdraw the amount from your account to pay for the draft, essentially its an immediate transaction, cash for draft / PO. Indeed i am aware some banks actually frown on purchasing drafts unless you have an account with them or at the very least ID.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

sure they wont let you top up your phone.

all they will let you do is pay bills with it.

I think its stupid I really do.

Advertisement