Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Digital & wall mount advice

Options
  • 08-11-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

Folks -

I'm looking for some advise regarding a room setup.

I have a new 47" Samsung LCD which I'm looking to mount over a fireplace.
    My NTL point is a good few feet away from the fire place at present.

Looking for the following help -

- Advice on a good place to buy a bracket for a 47" (ideally with a swivel as it's going above a fireplace)

- Advice on how to best sent the signal from NTLl digital box to the TV without moving the NTL point or running a long cable (is there a wireless option)

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

any help appreciated....

39 views and not one reply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Hi, I have just mounted my 50inch over the fireplace and had the same problem as yourself. Firstly I bought the bracket for €60 in Power City. Its a Lloytron 32-60 inch with a tilt on it so you can tilt it down towards you and not strain your neck when watching the tv.

I didn't want any wires showing so I ran power from a socket to the left of the fireplace under the floor boards and up the chimney breast behind the plasterboard and now have a double socket behind my tv.

I'm placing my UPC box, dvd player, sat receiver and Wiii on a wall mounted shelf to the left of the fireplace and I drilled diagonally across to run the wires through the hole. Be sure to run maybe two scarts, 2/3 HDMI cables, coax and any other wires you'd need.

I have my UPC point to the left of the fireplace on the wall and didn't want to run it with the electrical cable as I heard it can call interference with the signal so I will run the coax along the skirting board (behind a radiator) and up the wall in narrow trunking to the back of the box.

I don't have any pics to show you yet but I can take some when I'm fully finished and you'll see what I mean.

It meant I had to make a few small holes in the plasterboard (maybe just a bit bigger than a €2 coin to run rods to draw the cable up) but I will fill these in with filler, sand them down and repaint.

Hope this is of some help. Try google images and type in wall mounted tv and you'll get some more ideas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You dont need to run 2 or 3 HDMI leads.Thats alot of leads to get up behind a fireplace and also clutters things up alot.

Just run 1 HDMI lead and simply use a 3 way HDMI splitter/connector at the end where you will have your NTL box,games station,dvd player,etc.

Simples.:)

appreciate the replies folks - plenty of food for thought

Please post some pics when finished

• Advertisement
Advertisement