Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games like Alan Wake?

• 08-11-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions? Want to get xbox games with a bit of story.. atmosphere. I saw Alone in the dark but it seemed like quite an old game...

Silent Hill home coming is supposed to be crap and I don't see any other silent hills around (been checking game stores for a while). Silent Hill 8 is miles away!! Next May :S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Whatever you do, don't get Alone in the Dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd definitely recommened Condemned, the first one anyway as I never played the sequel. The only game thats ever made me almost crap my pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I personally thought Alan Wake was rubbish. But really enjoyed the First Condemned. Other than that check Fallout for some depressing but brilliant atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I personally thought Alan Wake was rubbish. But really enjoyed the First Condemned. Other than that check Fallout for some depressing but brilliant atmosphere.

I liked Alan Wake, it wasn't fantastic but nice scenery, atmosphere. I'm new to the console world, played Fallout on PC and that was excellent.

OK will check out condemned.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Xcellor wrote: »
    Any suggestions? Want to get xbox games with a bit of story.. atmosphere. I saw Alone in the dark but it seemed like quite an old game...

Silent Hill home coming is supposed to be crap and I don't see any other silent hills around (been checking game stores for a while). Silent Hill 8 is miles away!! Next May :S

Dead Space

• Advertisement

#Daniel wrote: »
    Dead Space

Forgot about that one....simply brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

The first Bioshock? Really well written and voiced, good story to it, fun game to play
    (I didn't care for Bioshock 2 as much)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Xcellor wrote: »

Deadly Premonition is out soon, supposed to be like Twin Peaks.

I liked the atmosphere of Alan Wake a lot, but the game itself felt very samey. TORCH SHOOT TORCH. Yawn.

I picked up Condemned 1 + 2 and also Dead space for around 25 yoyo mark.

Started playing Dead space. Just getting into it but looks to have promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Deadly Premonition is out soon, supposed to be like Twin Peaks.

It's out already but not very easy to get, I had to order online.

It's said to be so bad it's good with conflicting reviews on it.

There is a big thread over in the main games forum.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    It's out already but not very easy to get, I had to order online.

It's said to be so bad it's good with conflicting reviews on it.

There is a big thread over in the main games forum.

It's in HMV and Game in Galway for ages ?

The reviews are funny though
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rising-Star-Games-Deadly-Premonition/dp/B003VM9DEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289395700&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

dead space 1 and 2. deadly premonition has a similar feel to alan wake, very like twin peaks.

Just thought I'd update thread.

Cleared condemned 1 and working through condemned 2 now. While they are gorey bloody, I don't get the same spine tingling sensation I got with Alan Wake or Dead space 1 + 2. The game doesn't scare me. OK maybe that f*cken bear did.

Looking forward to silent hill.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Op is looking for horror survival with story thriller elements and someone offers fallout...

It's like when u order chicken in the restaurant I get beef instead...

Fallout is great game, but not what op is looking for.

Horror survival is having bad times op. The only anther game I can think of is dead space.

If you willing to go with less of horror survival and more story then bioshock will do the job.

Condemned is a good choose too, it will make you poop your pants now and then.

All of these were already suggested by the lads, op. So not saying much new, just giving my vote for these games. ;)

Advertisement