Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog in restaurant/canteen

Options
  • 08-11-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

I know it's an offence to have a dog in these establishments but i cant find the relevent act/regulation/provision etc online. does anyone know where to find it or where i can get more info on this?

thanks

k

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Do you mean in the food preparation area or the dining area? There are a number of dog friendly resturants around the country, there are no regulations about having dogs in the dining area as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I did a HACPP training course for managers when I managed a cafe (granted a number of years ago so things may have changed) but certainly then there was no restriction on animals in the dining area. It was an individual establishment's choice whether to allow pet animals inside or not

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Does anybody know of a restaurant near dublin/kildare which allow dogs - even in a covered putdoor seating area.

I'm not in that part of the country but the types affiliated with golf clubs/country clubs are your best bet;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement