Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs or Bars???

Options
  • 08-11-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people prefer...

Going to a night club and spending the nite dancing away and doing the rounds with your mates trying to mingle?

Or going to a trendy bar and having a laugh with your mates??

Also, in which do you find easier to pull??

Which do you prefer?? 25 votes

Pubs
    0%
    Disco Bars
    64%
    GLaDOSJohnny BitteIvefoundgodibarelycareDiabhal Beagjimthemental3hn2givr7mx1scLeeg17BoxfreshKosheaalwaysadubMr. ManagerPeterIanStakertonyob2GunsfortoysSharkey 10 16 votes
    Night Clubs
    12%
    Kimono-GirlXxMCRxBabyxXAntomus Prime 3 votes
    They all Suck!!!
    24%
    eoin2ncdf1985seanbmcHazysPace2008Princess Peach 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Neither. The EFSF will shut them all down and drinking overpriced crap is one sure way of emptying your rapidly dwindling bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

What if you have no mates?
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Internet Bar Club Forum ftw :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Drink.

The environs in which it is consumed are utterly unimportant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

House party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What mates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Seriously, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the pub. i cant dance :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I prefer the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Hmmm - tough one. I love just sitting in a pub chatting for hours but then i do love having a dance off with a black guy in a club. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Clars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I used to prefer clubs, and to an extent I still do but the older I get the more I'm starting to enjoy the bars. I tend to stick to the beer in bars but in clubs I tend to do alot of shots, jagerbombs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Where's the alleyway/doorway option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tyre iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Neither. A pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

Bars - better laugh when you can talk to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Disco Bars
    I prefer pubs and go to the late bars in galway instead of the clubs , all of the clubs in galway apart from cuba or sometimes the gpo i dont like

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ValJester

Pub, find it impossible to mingle in a club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Hmm i could go to a club where i the only conversation i can have with friends is shouting in their ear til im hoarse, where i have idiots who cant dance but are trying to impress some slapper bumping into me constantly, where i have to deal with an asshole bouncer and then pay to get in. Or i could go to a bar where i don't have to deal with that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I prefer clubs that play good music to bars. Not into chart music so I'm pretty limited with where I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It would have been nightclubs when I were younger not so much now its the late bars really for me at my age.

Disco Bars
    Carl Sagan wrote: »
    I prefer clubs that play good music to bars. Not into chart music so I'm pretty limited with where I go.
    Very limited i would say , I know one venue in limerick that plays good tunes none in galway and rarely go out in cork or dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Easily pubs. ****in hate clubs unless im on something stronger than alcohol. The only problem with pubs is that they close too early.

Disco Bars
    Easily pubs. ****in hate clubs unless im on something stronger than alcohol. The only problem with pubs is that they close too early.

It depends where you live but late bars are a good alternative. Theres none of the usual co ordination required when you have to leave the pub for the club and trying to understand the bouncers ****e talk about forming orderly cues and such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You sound like a Metro article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Night Clubs
    Some good points there, was just wondering cause lately im gettin fed up with the club scene, with the exception of 1 or 2 clubs that i always have a good nite in.

I like both, sometimes stay in a late bar other times go to a club. I wouldn't be dancing in either just chilling out and drinking with friends. Depends where I am too if I'm out in Cork its usually late bars but if its home in Galway almost always go to Halo (a club for those who don't know).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Maybe im getting old but i hate places i cant have a conversation in! Be it a club or a bar with the music PUMPING!! I Love music but hate having to scream over it! Gimme a pub over a club or disco bar any day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...which do you find easier to pull??

Dunno, never tried to shift a bar or a club! :o

Seriously though, prefer a bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    It depends where you live but late bars are a good alternative. Theres none of the usual co ordination required when you have to leave the pub for the club and trying to understand the bouncers ****e talk about forming orderly cues and such
    Nah no late bars where I live unfortunately. Gettin too old for the auld clubs now too.

Advertisement