Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bean Bags

Options
  • 08-11-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone know where the best place is to get bean bags?

B&Q have a range which acquire a rather dull taste (just black and brown) and are quite small.
    Argos have a few but you really need to sample the bags...

So any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

http://www.fatboybeanbags.ie/

used to have a few of them down the back of Atlantic Homecare in Wellpark (now woodies i think)..

D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

200 euro :eek:

Something more in lines with 30-40 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

you really won't get a bean bag that will last more than a couple months for that kind of money though.

They're not my style at all but my sister got a beanbag at one stage when we were growing up (she also had one of those clear plastic inflatable couches at one stage, remember them?) and it was some cheap thing and the beans were made of foam and the little foam balls like, flattened. It totally lost volume. Within a couple of months.

And then the hamster tried living in it and that didn't work out too well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Got one from the Celtic Futon store in Galway about 13 years ago... Thing is still going strong.

Was pretty expensive back then, about eighty to a hundred pounds but it has lasted through pretty much everything, from animals peeing on it, to people chucking up all over it at parties.

Pay a little extra and get good quality ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

We've one of these, has lasted good three years now with no sign of wear and tear :) Expensive tho, expect to pay 250-300 plus, and I've no idea if this shop is still open:

http://www.buddabagstore.com/find_budda.php?page=galway

• Advertisement

theres a bean bag shop on the tuam rd down by cases wine store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Hmself got one recently in TK Maxx. I'm not a fan, but he likes it and I think he paid about 120euro for it. They seem to have stock of them now and again. He claims the Fatboy ones aren't very comfortable. I think he had one before but got rid of it for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fatboy are the ultimate. Like a bed away from bed.

30-40 euro will get you a chinese sweat shop quality disney princess bean bag suitable for small children/dwarfs.

Realistically you'd want to be spending at least 100 to get any sort of decent one in terms of size/comfort.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

you should check out this site, you can get massive ones for 99 euro http://www.beanybags.com/ big ones for 79, I only know from another thread on here where someone was kind enough to point it out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

lampsie wrote: »
    We've one of these, has lasted good three years now with no sign of wear and tear :) Expensive tho, expect to pay 250-300 plus, and I've no idea if this shop is still open:

+1 Great job these, picked up 2 recently almost new on Adverts. Fantastically comfortable. Expect to never get off your ass again! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you have a good container/covering you can always add more polystyrene beads as necessary. The wall insulation guys might be a cheap option ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

this place in riverside specialize in beanbags

http://www.celticfutonstore.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

+1 for the Budda Bags

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

+1 for Celtic Futon Store
    Got one for the girlfriend for her birthday, they make them in the shop and have a good range of fabrics/faux leather etc. from which to choose, the woman in the shop couldn't have been more helpful.
    Got a medium one for just under the €100 and it's big enough for me (about 15 stone)
    Also it's in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 budda hag

lampsie wrote: »

my nephews budda bag was a scandalously inferior excuse for a product..........set smouldering by your standard radiator .........WTF ! The company are point blank refusing to issue any kind of reparations nor acceptance of blame. They may woo you with, frankly perturbing, tales of the "metaphysical society of ireland" 's meetings in the capitals outlet store but these frank butchers of the beanbag world have a lot to answer for in my book. In their defense my own budda bag is more than satisfactory, i've had it for three years and its still sweet as a nut but this is an issue of fire safety and corporate responsiblity.
    i'm just glad i still have a nephew

i'll memory their foam

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

Hi OP, try EZ Living. They had a section with small bean bags before Xmas, may have large ones but I cant quite remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Another +1 for the CelticFutonStore, or 'crazy beanbags lady' as my sons call them. We have bought at least 6 beanbags from them, including a double beanbag (my favorite seat in the house), a flat beansac, and also several cushions and I cant praise them highly enough. Good selection of materials/colours to choose from and they get them done very quickly, all are easy to keep clean, and very durable (3 boys jumping on them ALL the time and no problems so far, but even if I had a problem I know crazy beanbaglady would sort us out), they also encourage the kids to jump like lunatics on the beanbags on display (probably why kids love them so much). We got our first one about 8 years ago and add to our collection every once in a while. They really are the business. By the way I havent gotten any in 3 years but whenever we pass their old building the kids ask can we go in, they really made an impact! And no, I have no affiliation with them apart from being a happy customer! And as a previous poster said - they're local.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I've used Celtic Futon for blinds in the house, and have found their quality excellent. I've looked at their beanbags, and the do carry a great selection.

They're the shop another poster described as doen by Cases Wines, in Riverside Commercial Park on the Tuam Road (The same estate as Safety Direct and Cunniffe Electrical). They've been on the go for around 15 years now, having started on Prospect Hill beside Shannon Dry Cleaners, then below Suites Supreme, and now where they are beside Cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

+1 on Celtic Futon - Great shop - Helpful and friendly service ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Budda Bag Online

budda hag wrote: »
    my nephews budda bag was a scandalously inferior excuse for a product..........set smouldering by your standard radiator .........WTF ! The company are point blank refusing to issue any kind of reparations nor acceptance of blame. They may woo you with, frankly perturbing, tales of the "metaphysical society of ireland" 's meetings in the capitals outlet store but these frank butchers of the beanbag world have a lot to answer for in my book. In their defense my own budda bag is more than satisfactory, i've had it for three years and its still sweet as a nut but this is an issue of fire safety and corporate responsiblity.
    i'm just glad i still have a nephew

i'll memory their foam
    Sorry to hear about your nephew's experience, but we do clearly state that a Budda Bag should never be left in contact with any source of direct heat. There are tens of kilos of memory foam in a Budda Bag, and its insulating properties will cause any heat to build up, leading to scorching at worst (every Budda Bag is thoroughly imbued with a fireproofing product in the factory, so there's no risk of that).

You'd hardly expect a replacement if your nephew had thrown his duvet over an electric fire, would you? In fact looking for your money back or blaming the manufacturer would probably be the last things on your mind.

We were contacted recently by a customer in the UK who had left his Budda Bag on a floor which has electric underfloor heating, in one spot for more than 3 weeks. This led to a similarly, slightly scorched Budda Bag but the floor had turned to charcoal from the heat. His response: "The bag, and the floor will need replacing – which I am now discussing with our insurers... We want to have a budda bag, but regrettably I expect we will need to change the heating system."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Now that we've seen both sides of that I think we can leave this to rest.
    If someone googles it they'll have plenty of suggestions and also a word of warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement