Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Distance Measurement Meter?

• 08-11-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Here I am, again, looking for more help!
    Does anyone have a Laser Distance Measurement device?
    I'm not sure what the proper name is, but they are a hand-held, high tech, tape measure, that can display the distance from the device, to whatever surface the laser hits.

Doing a voluntary project in the Letterkenny Cathedral, and looking to record the height of windows & ceilings, so probably only take an hour.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I don't have one but I have seen estate agents using them, maybe a friendly one would let you borrow theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

That's a good idea!
    If all else fails, I'll give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have one. Not entirely convinced as to it's accuracy but if there are no obstacles and you have a clear line of sight then it should be ok. I can send it over with someone in the morning if thats any use :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Cheers muffler, I'll send you a PM to make arrangements.

Advertisement