Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Particular type of massage needed.

Options
  • 08-11-2010 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Before all the fnar fnar comments and sniggering :p I need a little help.
    My OH has a knot of some type , seems to be in the muscle around her shoulderblade.
    She has been to a few therapists over the years and some have done some work on it but the problem persists.

I would love to get somebody local in Carlow or even surrounding counties to have a go at this , a massage but just on this spot to get rid of this knot.
    Anybody know of anybody you could recommend?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

It may be best for her to visit a good physio first.
    I have used Clint Wilkie a few times and found him excellent.

When he pinpoints the problem I then use a sports masseur to treat the issue.
    The guy I use is based in Tullow and has worked wonders on me. I can highly recommend him.
    Send me a PM if you would like his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Try Ken Blanch (Sports masseur) and or Brian T Moore, Spinologist, They are both located in the same building across from the Carlow Credit Union.

Both are very good at what they do,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I use Imelda Treacy she's in Kilkenny though. I suffered from neck and back problems, but now go to Imelda every 6 weeks or so and never have to go to the Oesteopath anymore. My OH goes to her regularly also she has alot of knots also from working in an office sitting in her car all day and finds Imelda brilliant.

If you want her number pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 the mucker

Clint Wilkie is excellent. sorted out some serious problems for me. I had a similar knot under shoulderblade which was almost impossible to move. not serious just niggly. Eventually used a tens machine which worked brilliantly

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I have used http://www.kilkennyphysioclinic.com/main_page.html They are brilliant. They were recommended to me by someone and I have recommended them to loads of other people, all with great results. They do the physio for the Kilkenny hurling minor team and I think they do the senior team as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

I would recommend Ken Blanch,have been to him and he is very good and knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Hats off to the mods on here, a thread title "massage needed" and not one happy ending post. We truly are an obedient bunch!

Advertisement