Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afterschool care

Options
  • 08-11-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,I posted on this about a year ago but wanted to see if there is any new places offering afterschool service since then. I am aware of a place in Charlesland that has its own premises for afterschool. If anyone has any recommnedations for a local service they used would you mind pming me. My little one will be starting school next September and I am looking for somewhere to take him four days a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AMM

Can anyone pm me about afterschool facilities in greystones/delgany? I am aware of the place in Delgany which has a really good reputation but want to make sure I have checked out everywhere else as it is considerably more expensive. Please pm me if you have any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

I'm in same boat, looking for more options as the one in charlesland charges 40 a day for afterschool, awful really when with the ecce scheme in place i am currently paying just over 100euro a week for three days full time time care... meaning that when the little one starts school i'll be paying 120 per week for just three half days... 12 hours per week he will need afterschool to be precise so i'll be paying them 10 euro per hour... which is my salary.. why am i bothering?? I would be better off cutting my hours.. I'm hoping to perhaps find another mother to share a minder with, or a mother who could mind him on days i work in exchange i could mind their child the days they're working so that i can actually afford to keep this roof over our heads....

Thanks for the reply. If it is of any help to you I went to see a place in Kilcoole this week which was more reasonable than any place I have seen in greystones/delgany and the facilites were great as they are new. I am trying to see why there is such a difference in price. There does not seem to be any where locally that is just dedicated to afterschool, they are all tied into creches. If you need more info I can pm you the name.

Is that the treehouse?? Have heard good reports if so but didn't know they provided after school. Yes can you pm me the details, would be a great help, is there a big difference in price?

Will pm you now

• Advertisement

Thanks so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tinytott

Hi I have my daughter in Jackanory childcare in charlesland park they have very good rates they were the cheapest around they provide excellent care some days I have went to collect her and she has cried because she does not want to go home, the staff are amazing they help her with her homework and they also sit down and make excellent crafts with her I would really recommend them they are all great people.

Advertisement