Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What order to get games in

• 08-11-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Ok

I'm going to get an xbox tomorrow. I had an old one and loved it.

Now, what order to play the games in? I'm getting Reach with it, but should I play Halo 3 first?
    Also, what about COD? What order to play them in? I don't want to start at the best and work my way backwards and be disappointed!

All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Ok

I'm going to get an xbox tomorrow. I had an old one and loved it.

Now, what order to play the games in? I'm getting Reach with it, but should I play Halo 3 first?
    Also, what about COD? What order to play them in? I don't want to start at the best and work my way backwards and be disappointed!

All advice appreciated.

Reach is a prequel so you dont really need to play Halo 3. I would get Black Ops tomorrow as everyone will be playing it so might as well hop on the bandwagon. I wouldnt bother with the other recent COD's, well, modern warfare 1 was good but MW2 was all hype in my opinion.
    If you are looking for a good, immersive, RPG I would try out the Mass Effect series. Mass effect 2 is the best game I have played this year so far. Fifa 11 is a good fun if you like sports games. Red Dead Redemption is another great game which came out this year.

So if I were you:

Black Ops
    Reach
    Red Dead Redemption
    Mass Effect 1 + 2
    Fifa 11

You'll be sorted for months :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

best bet is check out the top games thread.

read a few recent posts and you'l see some games appearing alot.

bioshock 1 would be a game you cant go without playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd say skip the Halo games, (I personally can't stand them since Halo 2, loved the first one mind you.)

pick up
    Bad Company 2 Ultimate edition (Which has all the map packs and includes Battlefield 1943 ) - 34.99 in GAME too :D

Both Mass Effect games - 1 is 8.99 in HMV and 2 can be got for 12.99 in GAME preowned.

FALLOUT Game of the Year Edition - 15 Squid online.
    Deadspace - 10 euro online

And Call of Duty Black OPs if only for the Zombie levels lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'm not worried about the timeline more about going back to a game where the graphics are noticeably poorer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

the cod series is ok although if your going to be doing to multiplayer you should just stick with black ops... the games are ok themselves but online is where its at..

Other than that fallout 3 & fallout New vegas should be a must!

Enjoy and welcome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I dunno if the game is immersive enough then who cares about the graphics, I recently replayed Half Life (1998) on the PC and had a blast. :)

That aside of the games you mentioned the Original Halo still looks pretty good on the Xbox (and the actual game is far superior game to its successors), and the last three CODs used pretty much the same engine with minor enough changes in between so there will not be a hugely noticible graphics quality gradient between them.

Advertisement