Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History: Éire during WWII

Options
  • 08-11-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

sup guys :)
    hate these essays my teacher gives us every two weeks really do, cant deal with them, F.U. LC :mad:

anyway, with my rant over, looking for some help with the question;
    "How well did Éire deal with the social and Economic problems presented by WWII?"

I have alot on the "economic" side, but I dont know what or how I'm missing the "Social" sides of the essay. Any help would be appreciated, even book refrences would do me wonders :D

P.S.
    Any sites at all to help with history on the web, or any subject at all, I welcome ye're suggestions ;) thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

shocks121 wrote: »
    I have alot on the "economic" side, but I dont know what or how I'm missing the "Social" sides of the essay. Any help would be appreciated, even book refrences would do me wonders :D

P.S.
    Any sites at all to help with history on the web, or any subject at all, I welcome ye're suggestions ;) thanks.

Social stuff: welfare, health, education, people, life, agriculture and so on. Politics could come under that as a broader aspect. Scour your book/source for anything non-economic related and see if it's relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

http://multitext.ucc.ie/d/Ireland_society__economy_1912-49 might be something useful is this website.I know i found it useful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Social - Rationing, petrol shortages, urban people growing their own food/keeping their own chickens, some people emigrated to take up jobs in England in the factories or to join the British army. Slight threat of bombings - North Strand Bombings killed 32 people (but make the point that this was the only fatal Irish bombing and that Belfast suffered enormous damage and countless fatalities, because Northern Ireland was involved in the War).

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

shocks121 wrote: »
    sup guys :)
    hate these essays my teacher gives us every two weeks really do, cant deal with them, F.U. LC :mad:

anyway, with my rant over, looking for some help with the question;
    "How well did Éire deal with the social and Economic problems presented by WWII?"

P.S.

As far as I know your essay doesn't have to be divided 50/50 between the two. A couple of paragraphs on how Ireland dealt with the social problems will suffice, and the majority of your essay can be economic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 shocks121

thanks guys, still any books or references i could look into? thanks!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement