Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right Price Kitchens Dublin

Options
  • 08-11-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hub has just phoned me to say news has just broken on the Joe Duffy show.

We were lucky - we'd paid €50 deposit but because of delays in our build had not yet ordered.

I'm really sorry for those who have lost money in the process frown.gif

And sorry for those who have lost jobs.

All their websites are down. And apparently their phones are not being answered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

My parents are going mad, they had paid in full for their new kitchen (Old kitchen is over 20 yeards old!)
    They were told it was gong to be delivered last thursday
    Cant get through to shop to find out if it is in there store room
    What are the chances would anyone think?

What should my parents do now? Cant find any advice anywhere!

Please help!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cant get through to shop to find out if it is in there store room
    What are the chances would anyone think?

If the company has gone bust, or is in liquidation or administration, then it won't matter where the product is. Your parents are not going to be getting it any time soon.
    What should my parents do now? Cant find any advice anywhere!

If they paid with a credit card, then they should contact the bank's credit card department and start a claim for the money to be refunded. If they paid cheque/cash/Laser/bank draft then it's gone. They can wait until a liquidator is appointed and then lodge a claim for their money, but they may not get anything back at all.

You can check for what administrator/liquidator is appointed on www.insolvencyjournal.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If they paid cash cheque or laser it is (mainly or wholly ) gone, if they paid by credit card then do a " charge back" for non delivery of goods. You ring the CC company and fill out a form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There seem to be many different "Right Price" kitchen companies out there (Rite Price, Right Price, RPK etc). Which one is having trouble?

There is one called "Rightprice" in Kilkenny which is not affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Thanks for all the replies!

And you are correct! Its RIGHT Price Kitchens in Dublin that have closed, not RITE Price Kitchens Nationwide!

Couldnt get through to our local Rite Price Kitchen shop as they were getting loads of calls since the Joe Duffy show mentioned it!

Thanks again everyone, and Im real sorry for all those genuine customers who have lost out.

Bicycle wrote: »
    Hub has just phoned me to say news has just broken on the Joe Duffy show.

Please clarify which company exactly is being talked about. There seems to be several kitchen companies with the same or similar name.

edit: Thread title modified to reflect the correct company name.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Thanks for the clarification.

We genuinely believed that the company with problems was the company that we had a deposit with. They sounded the same on the radio.

Unfortunately the websites of the company I cited are no longer available which has made things somewhat more complicated. I had checked before I posted.

Apologies for any confusion caused - I obviously believed that what I was posting was correct.

When I checked a little earlier, ritepricekitchens.ie was still working fine, but now it seems to be down. Could be server overload with lots of Joe Duffy listeners trying to get onto the site that has brought it down.

The offending company is rpk.ie and their website is still up

• Advertisement

I checked before I posted and they were down as well - we were trying to verify things.

I'm assuming volume pulled them.

I've also tried ringing their Limerick office and it is engaged - probably by people like me trying to check out the situation.

Regarding Rite Price Kitchens - we found the staff wonderful in Limerick and loved their designs. Their prices were excellent as well. Hopefully the similar sounding names won't damage their business.

Thanks jor el for the clarification. And apologies again for any confusion caused.

Edit - the Rite Price Kitchens site is back up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BIGMISTAKE

Bicycle wrote: »
    I checked before I posted and they were down as well - we were trying to verify things.

I'm assuming volume pulled them.

I've also tried ringing their Limerick office and it is engaged - probably by people like me trying to check out the situation.

Regarding Rite Price Kitchens - we found the staff wonderful in Limerick and loved their designs. Their prices were excellent as well. Hopefully the similar sounding names won't damage their business.

Thanks jor el for the clarification. And apologies again for any confusion caused.

Edit - the Rite Price Kitchens site is back up again.

Hate to break this to you bicycle but a friend of mine heard some rumors about the limerick branch and as i was about to purchase from them i tried to contact them last week and was told that they have changed ownership and are now owned by the company that sold them the franchise so its not looking too promising there.

Thanks Big Mistake.

Unfortunately due to other issues regarding my build, I doubt I'll be in a position to order from anyone in the next few weeks. So I can see how things pan out.

Hopefully they will survive. The staff we've dealt with have been lovely.

I hate to see places go and staff get let go.

Pay with your credit card and you will be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 defter

dealing with rightprice kitchens and wardrobes in kells co meath was a wonderful experience for myself and my wife alan & derek know there stuff do a great job and i have to say when i heard joe duffy on about right price kitchens i thought it was the kells company i was glad to hear it was not as the company has been around along time and do wonderful work it is Unfortunate that this dublin company could try and ruin it for the kells company i hope that this dose not affect Alan & Derek and they enjoy continued success

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

hmm 2 posts about the same company 3 years apart...if you have an interest say.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,311 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

defter banned for shilling

Advertisement