Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Kittens Spayed - Price?

Options
  • 08-11-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It's time to get our two spayed so we rang the vets to sort out the price. €95 each. We were told when we got them vaccinated that we could get a €15-€20 discount since we have two to be done, so the vet is going to give us a ring tomorrow regarding that as apparently they don't usually give any type of discount.

Now when talking to the in-laws who live down the country, they told us that they only paid €40-€45 to get their cat spayed. Now I know prices vary from place to place, but I was just wondering is €95 each a bit too pricey?

Would anyone here know of a vet in North County Dublin who would do it cheaper? Or even as far out as Drogheda?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I recently had an adult male cat neutered and it cost €55 I think. I know female cats cost more though as its a more serious operation than they one for the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I got my two done last year - 50 for the female and 30 for the male.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I got my girl done today in O Scanaill Vets in Swords.

€110 for the neuter and microchip.

Very nice place, they're very good with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

We got our fella done in Raheny for €70 and our little lady done in Drogheda (Westbrook or something) for €75. Both done in the last seven months. Wasn't blown away by the service in Raheny but the lads in Drogheda were so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

My male cat is in at the vets for it today in barna vets galway. 75 euro for it and a discount for microchip if you get it done at the same time. I was quoted 95 euro in a vets a five min drive away from that vets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement