Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re: php form

Options
  • 08-11-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Well,

I have a bit of web design experience but it's mostly all just basic HTML.
    I previously had a HTML site set up and I was able to embed a simple form2email script which would as the name suggests allow me to host a form on the website and once filled out it would be emailed to myself.

Now I am doing a small bit of work on a PHP (which I am clueless on) based site, but cannot get the same form to work with it.

If I create a basic HTML page on the server the form will work no problems, but not when I put I put it within one of the PHP pages. I just end up with the contents of the form in the URL box and now email gets sent.

I know this is a fairly vauge question but if anybody had any ideas on it that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Can you post your code (HTML and PHP)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Sorry for only coming back to you now but was out of the office.
    Had another crack of this last night and got it sorted by fluke.

The CMS on the website is flaky enough but basically I added a blank form via the CMS calling the same php script as my usual form and it's working fine now.

So I basically ended up with

<form method="post" action="form2mail.php" name="Test">
    <form method="post" action="form2mail.php">

Probably not the best way of doing things but at least I have it working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Iisto

You can try to use php forms software for creating any kinds of forms

Advertisement