Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

translation help

• 08-11-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello,

I am just wondering if someone could help me translate this.
    I have tried google translator however the translation is somewhat broken. Heres the phrase...

ama como nunca has querido. no desprecies la amistad de tus amigos. vive los días con fe, amor y paz. trabaja como si no necesitaras el dinero, y baila como si nadie te viera

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

Hello,

I am just wondering if someone could help me translate this.
    I have tried google translator however the translation is somewhat broken. Heres the phrase...

ama como nunca has querido. no desprecies la amistad de tus amigos. vive los días con fe, amor y paz. trabaja como si no necesitaras el dinero, y baila como si nadie te viera

Love as you have never wanted to. Don't take friendship for granted. Live your days with faith, love and peace. Work as if you don't need the money and dance as if nobody is watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

I would have been inclined to translate the first sentence as 'Love like you have never loved'..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I would have been inclined to translate the first sentence as 'Love like you have never loved'..

I think both are right. If you think about what the saying means, it's the whole "love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching" thing.

So you could say

Love like you've never loved
    Love like you've never wanted to
    Love like you never intend to

It's the whole thing about being free to do what you want, not to pine over love, blah blah blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Yeah, perhaps the general connotations follow the same idea, but to me 'Love like you've never loved' sounds a tad more idiomatic in English than 'Love as you've never wanted to.'

Just my 2 cents :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

Yeah, perhaps the general connotations follow the same idea, but to me 'Love like you've never loved' sounds a tad more idiomatic in English than 'Love as you've never wanted to.'

Just my 2 cents :)

I'd be inclined to agree on second viewing. Certainly if it is being translated for reproduction rather than just to understand it, it reads better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭theyearof2010

thanks everyone!

Advertisement