Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Flush Doors? Who? Where?

• 08-11-2010 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am looking to replace old tired paneled doors with new flush ones. Ideally - prefinished and fire-proof (but the latter is sorely for noise reduction purposes). I have been looking around quite a bit and was surprised to find nothing beyond the very basic variety. For example, B&Q here does one type (ply finished) for ~40 euro but it looks rather dire. Door sizes are standard. I would appreciate any pointers where I can find them in Ireland. Alternatively, can these be made to order and what price would I be looking at? Pls see attached image for an example of the look I am trying to achieve.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Carol Joinery do good deals when fitting a whole house.

The yellow pages is your friend here. Joinery is the word you are after.

You may also have to replace frames as well .

Consider pre hung units with quality hardware

Basta type cheap hinges will not carry the weight of a fire door very well. 3 hinges per door.

What you are talking about will not be cheap. Fire rated stuff is expensive and heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zzag

Thanks. Fire-rating is not must-have requirement. Flush (no paneling is). I would prefer solid door simply for noise insulation. Carol Joinery is on my list but given standard size I was hoping to be able to buy ready-made and sprayed one. I am surprised as in UK fire-rated flush doors are quite inexpensive and widely available.

Advertisement