Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rogues

Options
  • 08-11-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

So i lvled a rogue to 65 for tailoring and enchanting. I never bothered with pvp and didnt take to the class.

Then a buddy i play with started to level a warlock a good few weeks back. Once he hit around 64/65 he asked me would i be intersted in lvling up my rogue, i said the rogue is purely for prof and i really couldnt be arsed with it at all.

Later that night i was playing some bg's on a lowbie alt, and kept being gibbed by rogues, which was very frustrating. Next night i decided to do some homework on rogues. I read a couple of threads on what i should be doing as a rogue.

So after some reading i decided on going sub. I went into the bg's with high hopes and got raped for my troubles. I decided to stick with him, and formed my own loose rotation on what seemed to work for me.

A couple of weeks later im hooked on my rogue and pvp with him. Only problem now is lvling him (72 now). Right up till 70 my fav trick was camping GY's in Warsong - ive turned into the kind of player i hated:D.

Im really looking forward to lvl 78 onwards with him. Any hints and tips for me on how to get that little bit extra out of playing him. Bare in mind, im not one of these people who spend hours reading forums on how to squeeze every little bit of dps from him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

if it's simply for pvp a mouseover blind macro is going to save your ass a few times.

aim for the cloth wearers.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Deffo aim for clothies. Playing sub get your key binds right for the bg's. Always try and stunlock - open with Shadowstep, Premed, CS, backstab etc

For leveling try a Mut build

There's some really good pages for macros that will help no end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rogues are great for bringing out your inner asshole.

Hah, that is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Have to agree tbh, i really hated rogues since i started playing WoW. Prolly cause i rolled a hunter as my main back in the day, think thats what really held me back.

I cant help feeling like im cheating playing a rogue in bg's. My k/d ratio is silly, im not tops yet, but i get better with each bg :D.

I really like the way i can just sit there watching a fight with multiple people both ally and horde, wait for the outcome and just step in and finish off a horde half dead and be half a map away before someone realises what just happened.

Btw thanks for the links for macros, iusually more a point and click person , but i find macros real fun on a rogue ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

bgs are great until 80, then theyre full of people that outgear you, making it a hell of a lot harder to get the quick easy kills!

I find there are Bg's that are much more suited to Rogue's. Isle of Conquest, WinterGrasp, Arathi, Alterac. For some reason I'm useless at WG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I find there are Bg's that are much more suited to Rogue's. Isle of Conquest, WinterGrasp, Arathi, Alterac. For some reason I'm useless at WG.

**** up the healers supporting enemy flag runner, never defend, heck even carry flag if ya have maxed res and prep for double sprint ;)

I was a big fan of AV on my rogue, pity random BG was always fookin soa, i hate siege vehicles, so lame.

Rogue is my fav class in the game, so much fun to be had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

are rogues gonna be the best in cata

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

DRakE wrote: »

you are the reason God invented bridges.

He just loves trolls.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

rogues are really for evil people i think..

im just questing away and BANG dead ... they are such cowards they just come up from behind out of nowhere... hate them..

i cant play them either.. i tried to make one for revenge.. but i never got higher than lvl 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

DRakE wrote: »

I play a very badly geared rogue in a high-end guild that I really have no business being in and I find myself top of the dps meter all the time even though the mages and hunters are in t10 gear (I'm in mostly t8 gear). Since the patch, mutilate builds are insane for poisons. Once you get a good rotation going and get ToTT and cloak in order it's really easy to play rogue in pve.

For pvp, not much changes. People hate the playstyle and players who haven't been playing a long time feel like it's unfair or OP. Rogues are a single-target class and that really sucks when you're levelling, it balances out in pvp. I loved how the tone of the original thread felt like "Forgive me father, for I have been playing a rogue and I love it". That's how it should feel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I really enjoyed leveling a rogue, it was probably one of the more complicated classes to level because i had to use all my cds and talents just to survive compared to say when i leveled a paladin or a mage where i basically 123ed the whole way to 80. That was before heirlooms though so im sure they are alot stronger now.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Recuperate self heal is good too, as well as the ability to use CPs from dead mobs.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I still fondly remember that time in Hellfire, where i took a 30 minute break from levelling to annoy two higher level enemies so much that they logged out. Sap, distract, cheap shot and then restealth. Ahh good times :P

I think i'll level my Rogue to 85 first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I dinged 80 with my rogue last week, left him be. I played pvp in the late 60's and 70's, great fun!

Anyone else find pala's easy to kill? Worst for me was priests and mages!

Advertisement