Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tufo Tubular Tape

• 08-11-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Has anyone any experiences with using Tufo tape on tubulars. I would normally glue them but am temtped to try this as the process seems so much easier than waiting for layers of glue to go off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Road tubs no issue.

Not for CX

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Are we nearly there yet....

Its only for road tubs for racing. Are you running it on road tubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Two words..... Rolling Resistance.

Just glue them.

One word Dave; training.

Seriously though, its fine, the difference in RR comes mostly from the tubs you are going to run.

If your using handmade silk tubs, then glue them, if you are using 15 Euro CRC specials...well use clinchers.

If you are just using regulart 40-50 quid tubs, tape is fine*. I use tape on my TT wheels, have always glued my track and road tubs. CX ..not even a question of using tape.

*if it rolls and you smash up your face, unlucky, dont come crying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

billy.fish wrote: »
    One word Dave; training.

Seriously though, its fine, the difference in RR comes mostly from the tubs you are going to run.

If your using handmade silk tubs, then glue them, if you are using 15 Euro CRC specials...well use clinchers.

If you are just using regulart 40-50 quid tubs, tape is fine*. I use tape on my TT wheels, have always glued my track and road tubs. CX ..not even a question of using tape.

*if it rolls and you smash up your face, unlucky, dont come crying.

Watts are watts are watts. Why waste them.

Anyways didn't you roll a tub recently?

• Advertisement

Two actually.

Its called riding outside and racing.

Lets not let this turn into another off topic rant....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

I tried the tufo tape this year on my (continental podium)TT tires. The bike felt a little wobbly on roundabouts and all of the TT's I do have at least two roundabouts.
    I used my (glued on) road bike tubs for one very windy TT and no probs so I am going back to glue from now on.
    It seems to be much easier to roll a fully inflated taped tyre off the rim by hand than a glued one. On removal the tape is tacky but it doesn't harden the same way as glue does. I use continental glue.

Advertisement