Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coming off JSA for 3 months.

• 08-11-2010 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I'm on job seekers allowance at the moment, but just got offered some work for the next three months. I'm doing it from home for a private company. We agreed an hourly rate, so effectively as it stands now I'll be working for the company as a contractor, which means I'll be self employed?

I'm not sure what the best way of dealing with this is. How hard will it be to get back on the JSA if I come off now and need to get back on in 3 months. Also, what steps will I have to take to start paying tax on my income. Do I have to set myself up as a company? Will being self employed make me ineligible for social welfare?

Would I be better off coming to some sort of arrangement whereby the company agree to take me on as an employee on a temporary basis? What sort of headaches would that create for them?

Sorry but I'm totally clueless on this matter. I haven't had much exposure to the working world as yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eileen27

I am in a similar position. I am on JSA but have been offered sporadic work for which I have to invoice. It only equates to about 20 hours a month and could be less than €15 an hour but I'm not sure if I have to sign up as a sole trader or apply for the back to work enterprise allowance as I am not sure if it is long term. Can anyone advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

citzens advice center is the best bet

Advertisement