Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a new phone

Options
  • 08-11-2010 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I broke my 5800 which i've had nearly 2 years so i need a new phone. Havent as much as looked at different phones in the last 2 years so i don't know what i should be expecting to get for my money.

Id prefer a touchscreen. Essential features are a micro SD slot that can take a 16gb card(as all my music from my 5800 is on that), a radio, wifi and to be fairly responsive to the touch. I'll be using it as much as an mp3 player as a phone so it has to have good sound quality and a regular headphones socket.

i hear Android is the way forward?

Id prefer a prepay but may be tempted to go bill. I'm currently on O2 but am willing to change.

Budget is a max of 250.

Whats the best out there for the money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you like the 5800, suppose the N8 would have to be a suggestion. Will be on bill for less the €250 though. If you wanted something a bit cheaper, you could look at the C7. Its the same as a 5800, but has a the capacitive touchscreen which you will find better.

Leaving the nokia aside, the galaxy S or the desire fit what your looking for. Depends if you want a change from nokia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Budget Android phones on prepay still seem to be something of an afterthought.

I don't believe that generally the memory or processor power is there to ensure anything but adequate performance in the present, nor do i believe it's sufficient to ensure longevity with regard to updates.

Form a personal preference standpoint, i think Android on anything less than a 3.5 inch screen is pushing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

After doing my research i think im going to just buy a new screen for my Nokia 5800. There doesnt seem to be any major upgrade worth forking out 250quid for. if i can get another year out of my 5800 i should be able to get a good upgrade on it.

Advertisement