Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Chinese take away?

Options
  • 08-11-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Mine has to be the one up at Euro Spar, its mint! I hate Oriental Wok in Irish Town, the chips are like big potatoes, ugh. Whats your choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Yea I used to visit Mr. Assfinger's in Newpark until I went there one day and my Vegetarian Thai Green Curry was served with chicken in it.

Wouldn't mind but I'd been buying the same bloody dish about twice a month since the place opened, you'd think they'd have known. Anyway I advised them of their mistake and handed it back, and also told them i hoped i wouldn't find any renegade chicken in the replacement dish, though i had my suspicions, and guess what. I did.

I also found what appeared to be a pube approximately 38mm in length in a portion of their fried rice once. The chicken incident was the last straw though.

Swans food is positively delightful (though their flyers say Savour the delicious taste of Swans (or something to that effect). This could easily be misinterpreted by a foreigner or someone who isn't very bright.

I really must give Vindees a go. Did I hear Vin Diesel owns it?

Do they do chicken-free vegetarian dishes and pubeless fried rice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Plug wrote: »
    I hate Oriental Wok in Irish Town, the chips are like big potatoes, ugh.

I honestly think those chips are one of the nicest you can get in town.

I'm not a massive chinese food fan but I tend to piggy-back someone else's order when they're ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Li Garden which used to be the Mandarin has really gotten good in the past 2 years, the dishes and service are great quality.

Outside of that, I've had some dodgy takeaways from Swans but anytime I've eaten in there, it's been top notch.

So I guess what I'm saying is Li Garden for a takeaway and Swans for dining out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Ive always been a fan of ming dynasty, great food and the service is the best in town....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MisterCrown

Golden Inn Palace at the EuroSpar. I'm addicted to their chicken curry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Same here, did you ever see the lads nails in there? They are like claws!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

not a massive chinese fan myself but when i do get one i like lee garden or oriental wok in irishtown. Tried the one at eurospar because it always smells lovely from the outside but found it to be the most bland chinese i've ever tasted

Same here, did you ever see the lads nails in there? They are like claws!

It's an assfinger. Hence the name.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    It's an assfinger. Hence the name.
    Your a sick man:D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

eh swans obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

tracert wrote: »
    eh swans obviously!

Yep same here. Tried a few and it's been Swans for us for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭bloopy

Emerald Garden. best fried rice in town

I had a Swans again recently. I love the portion sizes, you'd feed two people with one portion out of it.

I'd say my toilet's new nickname for me is 'The Boomerang' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Have to say it's Swans mainly now for me, tried most around but Swans portion sizes and the free prawn crackers and chicken pieces makes a difference. Oriential Wok isn't too bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Ming Court is nice . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 IrishGreenSheep

Ming Dynasty all the way, lovely people and gorgeous food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Ming Court is nice . . .

Ming court is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Have to say it's Swans mainly now for me, tried most around but Swans portion sizes and the free prawn crackers and chicken pieces makes a difference. Oriential Wok isn't too bad either.
    two words MING COURT

two words MING COURT
    3 words. Minging Ming court:p

Might give it ago Wednesday, do they do takeaway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

3 words. Minging Ming court:p

Might give it ago Wednesday, do they do takeaway?

Yep

• Advertisement
Advertisement