Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Yes, airs at 2am, people stream it, or it usually gets uploaded around 3.15, people work very fast :P

Directions please:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Hootanany wrote: »
    Directions please:D

Just a word of caution on that matter and not just to your good self Hootanany, posting links to streams will be removed and infractions will be given, it's been said at least once on this topic already and you all should know better anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

just watched the 1st episode of Season 3 ..... FANTASTIC !!! nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Ep 2 is epic. Best episode in a long time imo since the one in season 2 where Rick and Shane are driving back to the farm and see the single walker in the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Great stuff. Teaser for ep3 looks awesome. Great moment in ep2 when
    Rick split yer man's head open.
    Good to see things are going a similar direction to the comics while treading their own path!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Giving away the whole episode here so don't go reading if you don't want to know.
    Rick is finally becoming a badass, was not expecting him to split you mans head like that, I presumed he would go for Rick and Daryl would have to shoot him. On a worse note, looks like carl is up to his old tricks wandering off by himself again. Can't lead anywhere good.

Laurie giving mouth to mouth to a potential z, what was she thinking! Although I wouldn't mind if she got bitten and died.

Who do you think it was watching Carol from outside the fence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

daz801 wrote: »
    Giving away the whole episode here so don't go reading if you don't want to know.
    Rick is finally becoming a badass, was not expecting him to split you mans head like that, I presumed he would go for Rick and Daryl would have to shoot him. On a worse note, looks like carl is up to his old tricks wandering off by himself again. Can't lead anywhere good.

Laurie giving mouth to mouth to a potential z, what was she thinking! Although I wouldn't mind if she got bitten and died.

More episode ruining spoilers:
    That was the best thing ever seeing him split yer man's head, although I felt he should have left the kid he ran after alone, he was young and probably wouldn't have been able to do much harm.

I'd imagine its Meryl who is watching Carol.

I initially thought it was
    one of the governor's goons but the teaser for next week's episode discounts that. Also discounts the possibility of it being Michonne... I dunno... Tyreese?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Rick... :eek:

Looks like annoying-anywhere-but-in-the-house-Carl is trying to be alpha post apocalypsis Carl hahaha
    Meryl?

• Advertisement

Barna77 wrote: »
    Rick... :eek:

Looks like annoying-anywhere-but-in-the-house-Carl is trying to be alpha post apocalypsis Carl hahaha

I lolled at that:D.I think Carl needs one of these

child-safety-strap.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

See that'd worry me with ratings, i know it's probably not that big of a percentage but each time it's viewed online is one less statistic viewer rating.
    Does it actually work that way though. They get statistics off people that are in the viewing group. People outside that group aren't counted and the people in the group obviously watch TV.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Does it actually work that way though. They get statistics off people that are in the viewing group. People outside that group aren't counted and the people in the group obviously watch TV.

Viewing stats are based on tv's being tuned to whatever channel at whatever time. The RTE guide used to have a roundup of what was watched most back in the days before sky and upc. They were fairly precise too, like 500,001 watching the late late show etc..

Viewing stats are based on tv's being tuned to whatever channel at whatever time. The RTE guide used to have a roundup of what was watched most back in the days before sky and upc. They were fairly precise too, like 500,001 watching the late late show etc..
    I could see how that would work with subscription services like sky when they have a two way connection but I don't see how they could tell otherwise.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

In the comics, they're
    her boyfriend and his best friend and they kinda keep other zombies off her, iirc.
    Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    i'm also watching it on the tell, fantastic episode, I liked when rick pulled the helmet off the guard and the face came with it, it suggests that there is a lot of degradation in the bodies which gives hope to the theory that they will eventually die off.

still one question tho why does the chick with the sword have two z's on a leask

The way I looked at it was that Michonne is using them as pack mules.

No jaws to bite with, no arms to grab with. Essentially harmless, but still able to carry rucksacks/gear.

Who they are, I don't know.

I was glad to see more common sense in that episode, IE:
    splitting yourmans head open when he tried to kill Rick, I don't trust the guy who looks like Adam Savage from Mythbusters I'd kill him on the spot too, he's too nervous and I would bet he'll get the group in trouble, maybe not out of any malice but he's fear will mean he'll run rather than help. The black guy is about the only one that seems trustworthy, he showed principle and bravery to Rick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I was glad to see more common sense in that episode, IE:
    splitting yourmans head open when he tried to kill Rick, I don't trust the guy who looks like Adam Savage from Mythbusters I'd kill him on the spot too, he's too nervous and I would bet he'll get the group in trouble, maybe not out of any malice but he's fear will mean he'll run rather than help. The black guy is about the only one that seems trustworthy, he showed principle and bravery to Rick.
    Umm I'm 50/50 about the adam savage guy...he seems a bit sketchy and could turn out be evil or something, though they could just be going the friendly coward root with his character. I really have no idea :3 And ye I'd be fairly certain the other black guy will be a good,strong honourable character. Possibly a replacement for tyrese?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    i'm also watching it on the tell, fantastic episode, I liked when rick pulled the helmet off the guard and the face came with it, it suggests that there is a lot of degradation in the bodies which gives hope to the theory that they will eventually die off.

still one question tho why does the chick with the sword have two z's on a leask

Current zombies yes but so long as there are pockets of humanity holding out out there the threat remains of fresh zombies

The only hope for humanity in the walking dead universe as i see it (and this is pure conjecture)are that any unborn children concieved before during or after the rest of humanity were infected are somehow immune to it, so that providing they can avoid getting killed , they can repopulate the country/planet. Carl for instance would be **** out of luck but lori's baby on the other hand might be ok .

I could see how that would work with subscription services like sky when they have a two way connection but I don't see how they could tell otherwise.,

No idea but then i have no idea how the tv license man knows i have a tv either :D
    Those stats i mentioned above were before digital tv and before subscription services were common, ie: back when we had rte 1,2 bbc 1,2, utv and channel 4 and before cablelink rolled out with satelite dishes and subscription services so i'd hazzard a guess at it being fairly old tech.

No idea but then i have no idea how the tv license man knows i have a tv either :D
    Those stats i mentioned above were before digital tv and before subscription services were common, ie: back when we had rte 1,2 bbc 1,2, utv and channel 4 and before cablelink rolled out with satelite dishes and subscription services so i'd hazzard a guess at it being fairly old tech.
    But there's no way for them to tell how many people are watching a broadcast, they send out the signal and have no return data.

The license man doesn't know you have a TV either, he's just assuming you have.

I got all the letters and ignored them, they go away. Even if he does come looking I don't actually have a TV. There's no signal in this bunker anyway.

I'm pretty sure there is but I've no way to prove it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Well :
    I suppose the dude we thought might possibly be Tyreese is def not, certainly got his come upin's for trying to sneak off while clearing the Z.

I am pretty sure I know who the sniveling ginger character is supposed to be, keep an eye on him! I think it could be Michonne or one of the Governors goons looking through the fence at the walker dissection.

Rick is certainly becoming more badass than Shane ever was. I like how this part is staying in line with comics and the hero is getting tarnished

couldn't stand that prisoner with the revolver, nice one Rick! :D

Just after watching EP3
    . Really good.The whole ep centers on the governer and his town so we don't get to see who that guy is who is stalking around outside the prison.Regarding the Govenor, I know they are trying to make him out to be a maniacal lunatic but I saw all his decisions as pretty rational for someone in his position. In that position you have to make comprimises for "paradise" and they probablly didn't have the food to feed all those soldiers:o. It would be a similar society to a feudal castle with pillaging galore. However I know I'm getting far too into this series where I'm seeing those army trucks as a big drain on fuel. I would just drain the diesel in the tanks and continue to use the 4x4's.

Anyone get the point with the final scene where the govenor is in the room with the heads submerged in water? I first thought they were trophies that he collected. I think 3 of them might be his family.Maybe that might be what he was aluding to when he refered to the walkers as still having vestiges of memories left somewhere inside them.Or is it just a plot device to make him appear more unhinged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Remmy wrote: »
    Just after watching EP3
    . Really good.The whole ep centers on the governer and his town so we don't get to see who that guy is who is stalking around outside the prison.Regarding the Govenor, I know they are trying to make him out to be a maniacal lunatic but I saw all his decisions as pretty rational for someone in his position. In that position you have to make comprimises for "paradise" and they probablly didn't have the food to feed all those soldiers:o. It would be a similar society to a feudal castle with pillaging galore. However I know I'm getting far too into this series where I'm seeing those army trucks as a big drain on fuel. I would just drain the diesel in the tanks and continue to use the 4x4's.

Anyone get the point with the final scene where the govenor is in the room with the heads submerged in water? I first thought they were trophies that he collected. I think 3 of them might be his family.Maybe that might be what he was aluding to when he refered to the walkers as still having vestiges of memories left somewhere inside them.Or is it just a plot device to make him appear more unhinged?
    I'm guessing the first 3 were family, possibly the wife and child?

I agree, ****ty decisions need to be made, but I believe it's the pleasure he seems to take in it, and the nonchalance he carries it out with is what makes him dangerous/unhinged. I believe they are trying to show the similarities between Woodbury and the Ricktatorship, but also how they differ. Both are making a big deal about how walls will protect them, both are responsible for killing people that could potentially be a threat to the group, but the reactions to the deaths are totally different. Rick was broken by locking that kid out with the walkers in the yard, yet the Governor just did it, and seemed to feel no remorse.

The Governor even has his own T-Dawg, Darryl and Glenn!

The Governor even has his own T-Dawg, Darryl and Glenn!
    Ha noticed that. Well spotted too on the wall reference the paralel with Rick was lost on me to that extent. I would view the governors nonchalance as just him having much more experience with it so that it has become mundane. He has made the decision to do anything that is necessary for survival of his society and killing has just become a chore at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

This week's was good. More of a setup episode for the Gov and his peeps than anything else but it needed to be done to see how things are really done in his "town".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

The head on the top was from the pilot. So It shows how he can pretend to be nice to get what he needs then is completely ruthless and cannot be trusted. He also keeps trophies of his kills which is going a lot further than anything Rick would do.

Not really a spoiler the image, but its quite funny and accurate.

http://i.imgur.com/ledA9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

When I was watching it that popped into my head.

Haha ,woah never thought about that before. Theyre actually incredibly similar characters..like wow.

• Advertisement

Remmy wrote: »

Yeah, I'd imagine some of them were indeed family. In the comics, the Gov has
    his zombie daughter tied up in his apartment and he feeds her bodyparts of people he's killed etc.

That was an absolutely amazing episode.
    Pitty T-Dog died, he went out in style but his death felt a bit cheesy to me. Would rather he stayed alive, was hoping he'd get more lines this season.

I really want to know who is ****ing with them, its someone other than the other prisoner in the generator room, whoever left the trail of guts and gore to lead the zombies into the C Block and open all the gates.

I was sad to see Lori go, I know we've all hated her since the start, but all and all, when it came down to it, I didn't want her to go. What really did it was Rick's reaction, some great acting there.

On a funnier note, I saw someone say the new black guy be dubbed T-Lion

Wow... just. Wow. Great episode. It wrapped up and my mouth was still hanging open I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

God damn it internet load faster I wanna watch it!!! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I really want to know who is ****ing with them, its someone other than the other prisoner in the generator room, whoever left the trail of guts and gore to lead the zombies into the C Block and open all the gates.
    the guy leading the zombies at the start was using an axe. the prisoner at the generator also had an axe. same guy.

Wow ep4 was feckin amazing. It felt like a season finale.
    I was suprised that I didn't feel much loss for either Lori or Tdog but Ricks reaction at the end was very poignant.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Wow... just. Wow. Great episode. It wrapped up and my mouth was still hanging open I think.
    I'm exactly the same :eek: Holy Fúcking Shít!
    Ok, so Lori has been a pain since day one, and we all hated her because of the mind games she was playing on Rick and Shane, and her queen bee attitude as Carol spat at her on season two, but wow WOW! sad to see her go anyway

I wasn't ready for this ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

hershal bringing the pain with a crutch ...i know it was one just one zombie but thats one tough mother :eek:

lori eh ..... not really bothered i think karl might need some therapy now though :D

t-dogs passing didnt bother me much either maybe just maybe oscar might have an impact (i see the southeren guy selling them out in the future)
    i was always waiting for t-dog to bite the bullet he just had no real presents i just had the feeling he was an instant victim waiting to happen

in the preview for next week it looks like rick might open some kick ass on the walking dead its going to be action packed :D

Agreed on T-Dog just being a matter of time until he died - for sure. And Lori I thought, only due to reading the comic, but the combo of the 2 dying made a big impact. Having Carl put her down though - WOW. That was rough and very well done. Carl is heading to a really bad place I think. Rick will have to put himself back together and lead like he always does.

Also - how long until Merle somehow tracks Daryl to the prison and how long until the Governor wants the prison? I know The Gov wanting the prison had been alluded to in some previews...

• Advertisement

o yes i can see carl going bad very soon it really is gripping as i never read the comics !!!!

i think michone getting out of woodberry alive will be intresting to say the least and andera well she likes bad boys ;)

daryl will he back the group or his brother thats going to get funky too

i really think they need to go and check out the armoury they keep bringing up and now that they know were the generaters are will they light up the prizon and clean it out once and for all !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Yeah, I'd imagine some of them were indeed family. In the comics, the Gov has
    his zombie daughter tied up in his apartment and he feeds her bodyparts of people he's killed etc.
    Its actually his niece ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Agreed on T-Dog just being a matter of time until he died - for sure. And Lori I thought, only due to reading the comic, but the combo of the 2 dying made a big impact. Having Carl put her down though - WOW. That was rough and very well done. Carl is heading to a really bad place I think. Rick will have to put himself back together and lead like he always does.

Also - how long until Merle somehow tracks Daryl to the prison and how long until the Governor wants the prison? I know The Gov wanting the prison had been alluded to in some previews...

But did he? We just heard the shot and he walked out. I don't recall seeing the body (but stuff was happening so quick it could have been shown and I missed it). I wonder will he keep her locked up in that room as a walker sort of like what Hershal was doing with his family members in the barn?

It was in the pre-season trailer that the govenor comes to the prison but why would he want the prison? He seems to be well set up and fortified in a nice comfortable town while the prison is still a death trap with lots of walkers and even if he fought his way through it cell by cell and room by room he still ends up living in an uncomfortable prison that needs a serious clean up. Rick's group are now too small and poorly equipped to be a threat to his group or power (unlike the heavily armed national guard group).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The spoiler tags make it near impossible to read this thread on a mobile.

I suspect Nobody enters here without being up to date. :D

Two weak characters gone in one night, good stuff. The season is certainly fast paced so far, let's hope it keeps up.

touts wrote: »
    But did he? We just heard the shot and he walked out. I don't recall seeing the body (but stuff was happening so quick it could have been shown and I missed it). I wonder will he keep her locked up in that room as a walker sort of like what Hershal was doing with his family members in the barn?
    There are some rumors on the net about that.... given that we never saw the shot and that she's credited for more episodes than T-dog (though he wasn't in all of them)...

so who would be more annoying lori or zombie lori ?????

all though that could be another parallel between rick and the govener if rick finds and keeps her

• Advertisement

Zombie Lori wouldn't complain as much as human Lori, just the odd moan for fresh meat :D

But can't see Rick keeping her after Hershell and the governor did, a 3rd "keeper"?

Barna77 wrote: »

But can't see Rick keeping her after Hershell and the governor did, a 3rd "keeper"?

ya fair enough that would be a bit much, but if the less annoying zombie lori is on lose in the prizon and rick has to take her down that could make for an intresting show

Wow..like WOW. Superb. Better than the pilot imo. So fast paced and action packed, actual realistic danger and realistic reactions. Characters have all become much more likeable..god it was just so dark and gritty, I LOVE IT !!! :D Conversations between characters didnt even seemed forced or stupid, dialogue was actually interesting. acting was amazing!
    I know lori was annoying but I was really sad to see her go, it was just so well done. Even tdog had a nice little way to go, saving carol and all :)
    LETS HOPE FOR MORE EPISODES LIKETHIS!!! Loved the chaos with sirens and zombies and everyone being split up, and the second storyline with andrea and michonner, then lori with the babay and carol and tdog.. Just brilliant.

so i caved.. watched it umm, elsewere.
    Tdog, just when i was beginning to like you. And wtf, why is it that when someone finally expresses his opinion and is contrary to the rest of the group they all of a sudden get murdered by zombies! Dale was a prime example, now Tdog too.

What happened to Carol?

So long Lori, i didnt like you, but i didnt want to see you bleed out while giving birth either :/ Carl, did you actually shoot your mom in the head.. not sure he did tbh.

The warden, seriously shaping up to the best villain ever! What a complete and utter scumbag! :D

I've forgiven Merl for his racism and redneckness, and he's definetly the wildcard for this season, cant wait to see what he'll do, either way it's quality zombietainment :)

I can't believe people are questioning whether Carl shot her or not....

2066.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement